Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

Opinions about the DreamFleet Archer????

Hello all!I'm considering purchasing the DF Archer....Any opinions on it??All postitive and negative (just not flame war negative :-lol) comments welcome!!Thanks!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Moghdad

Panel: SuperiorVC cockpit: GoodFlight model: GoodExternal model: FairOverall: Very Good.Recommendation: Well worth owning.

What's wrong with the external model (ie, why only fair?)?Thanks, keep em' coming guys.

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>What's wrong with the external model (ie, why only fair?)?>Because external models are important to virtual pilots who want to look more at the GMAX shine on their a/c and not at their cockpit controls. There's nothing wrong with the exterior of the Archer, nor any DF aircraft for that matter. They fly exceptionally well with wonderfully detailed instruments. If you want to base purchase options on a paint job and how many rivets are in the wing, go right ahead...Rick

>Because external models are important to virtual pilots who>want to look more at the GMAX shine on their a/c and not at>their cockpit controls.As to myself, I build real aluminum aircraft with rivits, flew lots of R/C which works well for spot view flying, and fly real and simulated aircraft from the cockpit. I do tend to rate planes on outside looks.I'd give the Archer an exterior rating of good, or even above. Excellent goes for aircraft such as the MAAMS B-25.L.Adamson

Guest Moghdad

>Because external models are important to virtual pilots who>want to look more at the GMAX shine on their a/c and not at>their cockpit controls....If you want to base purchase options on a paint job and how many rivets are in the wing, go right ahead...>Jeez, who yanked your chain? ;)

Guest Moghdad

PS. There's nothing ugly about the Archer exterior. It's just not state-of-the-art compared to some, for example the Carenado planes. Whereas the 2D panel remains cutting edge more than a year after its release.

Get it! You won't regret it! The Archer is one of my "core" planes, but of course I'm a GA freak.

>>Jeez, who yanked your chain? ;)It's called an opinion. It's just like yours......only different. :-)

Shane get it! You can't go wrong. After my Archer repaint experience, check the library under my name:-)the only thing with the exterior model is that it distorts paint. Mostly on the right around the nose but certainly not a show stopper:-)You can't go wrong!Best,Ron Hamilton

>>What's wrong with the external model (ie, why only fair?)?>>>Because external models are important to virtual pilots who>want to look more at the GMAX shine on their a/c and not at>their cockpit controls. There's nothing wrong with the>exterior of the Archer, nor any DF aircraft for that matter.>They fly exceptionally well with wonderfully detailed>instruments. If you want to base purchase options on a paint>job and how many rivets are in the wing, go right ahead...>>RickI was only asking a question.

Ark

Thanks for all the comments guys!I'm trying to convince my wifde to let me buy it as we speak! :-lol

Ark

Guest United

I don't like GA aircraft in general, but the DFArcher is one of the few GA's I'll fly simply because it is stunning........sorta like the Eaglesoft Biz Jets!...they are Fantastic too!Randy Jura, KPDX

At the time it was released it WAS excellent.Remember it's an older model now (almost 18 months old), and at the time it was the best people could yet do (having little experience with gMax, if I'm not mistaken it was actually the first all-gMax product).There are some minor imperfections, but overall it's an excellent aircraft to fly.If you have ANY other Flight1 products using the Text-O-Matic system installed, DO make a backup of the TOM.exe before installing the Archer and put that backup back afterwards overwriting the one the Archer puts in place.If you don't the TOM won't work for any aircraft except the Archer!Small but extremely annoying error in the installer that I alerted Flight1 to but they never fixed.