Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

Opinions about the DreamFleet Archer????

Guest Marvel

a very nice plane, 2d panel bitmaps are very sharp and clear (dreamfleet are wellknown for their "photo realistic" panel), soundset very convincing, flight model very beleavable and smooth. And the Archer is already FS2004 compatible. I don't have many payware planes so I can't compair to others.

Give her a choice between the Dreamfleet one and a real one, then tell her the difference in price (some $200000 plus maintenance, operating cost, your training, etc.) and she might see the light :-lol

>Give her a choice between the Dreamfleet one and a real one,>then tell her the difference in price (some $200000 plus>maintenance, operating cost, your training, etc.) and she>might see the light :-lol:-lolI'll give it a go!!!! :-lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Rockcliffe

It's a great choice, especially on a moderate system like my PIII 1.0 Ghz. I've only got two payware planes (PIC 767 is the other), but I have no regrets about either one. My specs are what have held me back from buying other, more recent payware planes, because of the hit they put on the system ... but that Cessna 310 sure looks sweet.BlairCYOW

Wow, this must be a record. Someone asks for opinions on a specific plane. There are 17 replies, and not one trashed the producers of the plane! Furthermore, not one person mentioned other alternatives to the plane specifically asked about! Weird. :)Tony

>Wow, this must be a record. Someone asks for opinions an>opinion on a specific plane. There are 17 replies, and not>one trashed the producers of the plane! Furthermore, not one>person mentioned other alternatives to the plane specifically>asked about! Weird. :)>TonyKind of refreshing isn't it :)It is tough to speak poorly of Dreamfleet!!!:)

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

"It is tough to speak poorly of Dreamfleet!!!"Although the Cessna 310 can be a bit heave on the framerate if you have but a moderate system

RobdeVries.jpg

"Although the Cessna 310 can be a bit heave on the framerate if you have but a moderate system"Trouble maker! ;)Tony

>"It is tough to speak poorly of Dreamfleet!!!">>Although the Cessna 310 can be a bit heave on the framerate if>you have but a moderate system>That's because it is so detailed ;)Reversal!!!!!!:-lol

Ark

Guest jason2112

Personally I always prefered Dreamfleet's Cessna 177 Cardinal, but you can't go wrong with anything from Dreamfleet. The Cardinal has a nicer virtual cockpit, in fact one of the very best VCs ever done for FS2002. But I know a lot of people prefer the Archer, it seems to have a special place in a lot of people's virtual hangar.VOlker :]

Hey jason!Yeah, I noticed that as well. In fact I own the Cardinal and LOVE it, only one timy issue bugs me and that's a tiny model error in the lower front left of the windshield. Other then that it is proably one of my favorite aircraft.I just purchased the DF 310 today and that too is a work of art! The DF guys really do a fantastic job on thier products. :)

Ark

Shane, if that bothers you, the Archer might not be for you as there are several small design flaws seeing as it was at the forefront of VC design, not enough to bother most, but I thought you should know.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

It bothers me a little but not much to effect my opinion of the aircraft. The Cardinal is an excellent product! :)

Ark