Sign in to follow this  
Richard99_Photography

Scenery library configuration

Hi,I need your help to understand better how to setup the scenery library into FS9 when you have a complicated one by several sceneries' types. I know that the sceneries at the top have priority but I want to know what stuff has priority than other ones.When you install for the first time FS2004 you have only the default sceneries. The problem arises when you begin to install different sceneries like: landclass, terrain mesh, airport sceneries, photoreal ground textures...I have the following:-> Ultimate terrain USA and Europe;-> Airports sceneries;-> terrain mesh downloaded here at Avsim before the hacker attack.-> some photoreal ground textures (e.g. blueskyscenery photoreal)Is it this the correct order for the scenery library or there is another one better?1) All terrain mesh files;2) Airport sceneries;3) Photoreal ground textures (if you think they are better the UT Europe/USA)4) UT Europe and USA.Do you propose me a new and more correct order?My question came due to different reasons. For example, the FS Genesis terrain mesh files download here (Appalachians & Northeast, Great Plains) put the .bgl files into this folder: scenery > world > scenery. This folder is activated into the scenery library at the bottom, one of the last positions.For some other terrain mesh files the instructions tell to put the files into folders like: addon scenery > scenery or addon scenery > yourfolder name for mesh > scenery. Being this last one a customized folder you should activate and you have to choose the position into scenery library. So, for a similar terrain mesh file I found two different ways to install and I am a little bit confused.Could you clarify me what is the best behaviour? Thanks, bye.RR

This "problem" has been bugging me for over 10 years now. I just cannt seem to get a handle on it. Eveyone, though trying to be helpful, has a differant idea on the subject. I wish, someone at last would give the "correct" answer so we could all understand it and put this problem to rest, once and for all. Thanks jerrycwo4

You can check your FS9 installation and scenery config entries by usingthe following programs:ACA2005 ot ACA2007Lite to check all your aircraft config entires and installation for errors.ScanAFD for AFCADSScenery_Align.exe to quickly renumber all your scenery config entries at the click of a button.If you were to open my scenery config file, immediately below entry 38 (Addon Scenery) you would find the following installation order.MeshUltimate TerrainPhotoreal sceneriesLandclassAirport entries.I rarely use landclass unless absolutely necessary as it can cause a great deal of trouble.Regards

What kind of great trouble can landclass from FSG cause?