Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lenny Zaman

my pc wont switch into 3d

Guest Lenny Zaman

my problem is that after having installen he detonator v29.20 drivers, my sim doesn't switch into 3d mode anymore, i tried deleting the fs2002.cfg file, i have now re

What operating system are you using? If Win98, did you use Detonator Destroyer to delete all the files and registry entries before reinstalling the earlier drivers? Make sure you follow the instructions for uninstalling/installing the drivers.If WinXP, you should have been able to rollback to earlier drivers. I would check, DirectX diagonistics, also enter fs2002, options, settings, display, hardware tab, and check to see if "Enable Hardware Acceleration" is checked.

Guest Lenny Zaman

yes i did use the Det.Destr. prog as it should be used, yes i go check the tab but each time i enable it, my fs just ignores and doesn't switch, then when i go back into the hardware tab it's unchecked again....i'll see Dx diag prog thanks dude

Guest Lenny Zaman

just did the diag test, problem is my direct 3Dsee this

[head][meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"][meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0"][meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document"][title]Nieuwe pagina 1[/title][/head][body]---------------Display Devices---------------        Card name: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro     Manufacturer: NVIDIA        Chip type:

Hi Lenny,I'm no 3D expert, but did you try re-installing Direct X (I assume you haven't installed a lower version of DX by mistake, in the driver update process). Failing that, you might try having Windows re-detect the video card (delete it in Device Manager, then re-boot). Just some thoughts for you, others here may have some better ideas.Bruce.

Guest Lenny Zaman

Bruce, thanks... i'll try it again ;)

Guest Lenny Zaman

no luck, now i even put in a different card.... reinstalled drivers, reinstalled directX... everything... i'm getting desperate, can anyone recommend a good e-mail adress for help on this matter?It'd be very much apreciatedThanks guyzzz

Hi Lenny,There may be forums that are more specialized on this topic. Maybe on the OS you're using. Also, www.tomshardware.com may have a link to a forum. I hope you don't end up having to re-install the OS. What's really strange is that something as simple as installing new drivers caused this. One of the posts above referred to the Detonator Killer application (for Win98, not WinXP). I must admit that I mentally cross my fingers whenever I do a graphics dfriver update, although I've never seen this issue before.I'm sorry I can't be of much more help. Re-installing the OS will certainly fix it, but that's a very drastic move to have to take (unless it's been over a year and it's time to do so anyway).Bruce.

Guest Lenny Zaman

yeah, u got a point there, yet.. daddy PC... need daddy permission.. that's the problem, and he's in Napoli for the rest of the week+weekend(mum also, yes yes i'm home alone)I'll check out those linx ya gave me, thanks VERY much bruce ;)

Guest Lenny Zaman

I'm gonna try and see if i can get my games up in WinXPpro..(i'm on dual boot) and then we'll know if we have to reinstall some drivers of the windows disc, if only someone could tell me which drivers i need to copy from the win98se disc...Thanks in advance, on that site i did not find what i was looking for but thanks anyway

Guest Lenny Zaman

bump

Guest Lenny Zaman

*bimp* again.... please i'm desperate...

I don't think anyone knows the answer, Lenny. Why don't you just wait untl your parents are home and discuss a re-install of the OS with them?bruce.

Guest Lenny Zaman

Bruce thanks alot for your support, i found the solution, it's kinda weird though.I just reinstalled the 23.11 drivers onto my system, and now everything works fine. i noticed that my so called Memory avail in DX DIAG, has rissen from 3Mb to 31Mb... so that'll be it i guess...Thanks alot though and WOOHOO i'm flying againCheeeeeers