Sign in to follow this  

Progressive taxi replacement...?

Is the reason that the taxi guide isn't displayed down to the texture not being compatible with DX10?

I use Proflight Emulator Deluxe (PFE) which has a taxi guidance system included. It gives audio instructions and an arrow indicator. About as realistic as you can get.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

If you open up a separate window with the top down view you can see the taxi arrows even in DX10.

Guest wims

Cant you just look at the chart when ATC reads out the taxi instructions and do it the old fashioned way, ie the way they do it in real life? I never understood the point of these taxi help gauges.

Cant you just look at the chart when ATC reads out the taxi instructions and do it the old fashioned way, ie the way they do it in real life? I never understood the point of these taxi help gauges.
In r/w aviation, taxying is one of the most difficult parts of a flight, especially if you are either new to an airport, or you get an unexpected tax instruction from ATC (such as they are working on a taxywy that you are used to using at a familiar airport). I can see why people use help gauges, especially if they do not have an airport diagram (you would be insane to fly in the r/w without some form of airport chart, but even with a plethora of charts I have often asked for "progressive taxi"instructions).To add to the post that I am replying to, if someone wants to be challenged (one would assume that we sim because we want to learn), try using FSX ATC as much as possible and use the charts for your airport. You can also get taxi instructions to a specific gate on landing, via a specific route, to give you specific taxi instructions for both landing and takeoff ( seen topic here with a keyword "VIP Airlines").Thanke, Bruce.

No FollowMe program, but don't forget AivlaSofts EFBThis Chart-Program has all charts based on FSX and Navigraph Datas all over the world and of course the airport layouts.You can manually select your taxiways for the current airport and see the guideline on the map.Beside this you see vectors to the runways and a marked vector for your assigned runway, so you can easily pushback to the right direction

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No FollowMe program, but don't forget AivlaSofts EFBThis Chart-Program has all charts based on FSX and Navigraph Datas all over the world and of course the airport layouts.You can manually select your taxiways for the current airport and see the guideline on the map.Beside this you see vectors to the runways and a marked vector for your assigned runway, so you can easily pushback to the right direction
I like this very much! :( If they are using Navgraph they should have a good selection of Japanese airport nav charts. I had some from them, but they got deleted. Now i have to pay for them again. :( ...kinda silly I think ...but I guess I should of had a better back up :( I'm also going to looking to that top down extra window with the arrows as mentioned above.

PFE (Pro Flight Emulator) can be very useful for taxi.It has an (optional) addon gauge that provides both visual AND aural taxi instructions.I really like it.It can be a little 'cumbersome' to setup the gauge though.

There area couple of follow me programs, the DBS one and one other one, the name of which escapes me. I have the DBS one, and it's not bad, but it doesn't always work and can clash with some other programs on occasion. Not bad for the money (which is not a lot), but it's not perfect, although certainly more convincing than a coloured line on the taxiways.Al
In reality .. the colored line on the taxiways .. are just moved to a colored line on the taxiway in a windowed box.  Feels like the same convincing imho.   From my standpoint, the main reason to use these tools is when you are in DX10 and can no longer see the taxiway lines.

I like this very much! :( If they are using Navgraph they should have a good selection of Japanese airport nav charts. I had some from them, but they got deleted. Now i have to pay for them again. :( ...kinda silly I think ...but I guess I should of had a better back up :( I'm also going to looking to that top down extra window with the arrows as mentioned above.
Hi,AivlaSoft EFB uses Navigraph FMS data not NDAC data, nor Navigraph charts. The ground charts in EFB are taken from the BGL scenery files in your FSX installation. We feel that best represents the runways / taxiways / parking spots that you have available, rather than what might be "current in the real world."As a "wish I had more time" private pilot, this approach feels more natural to me. The few times I'm at an airport IRL I prefer to have a printed ground chart underneath a transparent overlay on which I mark my taxi path. With EFB, I mark the route that FSX ATC tells me to take... or when I'm using another ATC utility, I make my own path then follow it.

AivlaSoftEfbDeveloper.png

Sig1.jpg

(Each product functions in a fully-functional trial mode for interested users.)