Sign in to follow this  
Dicko

Unable to export FSBuild plans to FSX

Hoping someone can assist. This is my problem. I have just started using FSBuild and when I build my flightplan I get a message " Unable to create FS2000 file C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\Flight Simulator Files\YSSY-YMML.PLN". The root folder has been set up correctly under the option tab and in the export to dropdown menu I have FS2004/FSX and PMDG checked. Even though I receive the above message, the flightplan is successfully exported to the PMDG flightplan folder.The FSBuild is version 2.3.1.Any ideas?

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Ok so you have setup the root folder and select the the exports in the drop down menu you have to go to options and then go to settings there you also have to select to wich add-ons you want to export to then click on save config options and close FSbuild and restartit makea flightplan and then click on build that shouldt do the trick hope it helps just let me knowJohan Ketting

Hoping someone can assist. This is my problem. I have just started using FSBuild and when I build my flightplan I get a message " Unable to create FS2000 file C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\Flight Simulator Files\YSSY-YMML.PLN". The root folder has been set up correctly under the option tab and in the export to dropdown menu I have FS2004/FSX and PMDG checked. Even though I receive the above message, the flightplan is successfully exported to the PMDG flightplan folder.The FSBuild is version 2.3.1.Any ideas?
Go to options, settings and save config options. restart fsbuild and it'll work.

Ok so you have setup the root folder and select the the exports in the drop down menu you have to go to options and then go to settings there you also have to select to wich add-ons you want to export to then click on save config options and close FSbuild and restartit makea flightplan and then click on build that shouldt do the trick hope it helps just let me knowJohan Ketting
As stated in the original post root folder set correctly,flight plan successfully exported to PMDG but not to FS2004/FSX. Still the same message "Unable to create FS2000 file C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\Flight Simulator Files\YSSY-YMML.PLN". If I use the FSX xml option it will export but PFE will not use this format.Why will the flight plan not export to FS2004/FSX?

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

You are running either Vista or Windows 7. If you have UAC enabled, run FSBuild as administrator. That should fix your issue.Regards,Bob

You are running either Vista or Windows 7. If you have UAC enabled, run FSBuild as administrator. That should fix your issue.Regards,Bob
I am running Vista 64 and have UAC disabled. What I dont understand is the plan will export to the PMDG plan folder but not to the FSX plan folder. It is if the plan is the wrong type. The xml version will export but not the FS2000 version.

Andrew Dixon

Dicko,Make a folder in your documents folder named Flight Simulator Files. Thats the default folder for FS9 style flight plans. The folder does not exist so FSBuild cannot export to it.Regards,Bob

If you export as FS9/FSX it will as stated look for Flight Simulator Files folder in your documents folder. If you wish to export to FSX only (not in FS9 format) choose FSX (XML) as your export option and it should go into a Flight Simulator X Files folder under your documents folder.These folders are set up during installation of each sim. I have both folders set up so I could analyze the XML code for another product support issue and it works even though I have FS9 only.

Hi I have found that the easiest way to use FSbuild for FS9 and FSX is to copy the entire FSBuild folder to a different location, then rename that folder to something like say FSBuild for FS9, now copy the folder back into you programs folder where the original FSBild is located, make a new shortcut naming it FSBuild FS9, and now set up this version of FSBuild for the FS9 root folder and away you go, you now have no need to change the foot folder every time you want to change from FSX to FS9 or the other way round.I hope it

If you export as FS9/FSX it will as stated look for Flight Simulator Files folder in your documents folder. If you wish to export to FSX only (not in FS9 format) choose FSX (XML) as your export option and it should go into a Flight Simulator X Files folder under your documents folder.These folders are set up during installation of each sim. I have both folders set up so I could analyze the XML code for another product support issue and it works even though I have FS9 only.
Thanks everyone for your advice.

Andrew Dixon

What happens if you create both folders and export in both FS formats at once. The FS9 .pln format should go to one and the FSX format to another. The FS9 format can also be used in FSX.Leave in FSB options FS_HOME as it is. You only require two FSB installs if you are flying both FS9 and FSX. Since the PMDG plan folder is in the tree under your FS folder and it is working you seem to be set up correctly. The export folders are hard coded and do not care about the FS root folder. So as I noted in your documents folder if you have Flight Simulator Files for one and Flight Simulator X Files for the other then you should be OK. Just have the FS9/FSX and FSX (XML) exports checked and you should get one of each in a single operation along with your PMDG plan. Make sure what you don't want is not checked. If you want to make these defaults in FSB go to options, then settings, and check FS9 GPS and FSX GPX, then click Save Configuration. When you restart FSB you should be OK to do both. See if you still get the error. If you do make sure your shortcut to FSB has the run as admin property set just to insure there is not a security issue and you are running as an admin.

This is correct Ron, only problem is that I use PFE for my ATC and that program doesn't like the FSX xml format. So just to confirm the FS2004/FSX flightplan format is for FS9 only?

What happens if you create both folders and export in both FS formats at once. The FS9 .pln format should go to one and the FSX format to another. The FS9 format can also be used in FSX.Leave in FSB options FS_HOME as it is. You only require two FSB installs if you are flying both FS9 and FSX. Since the PMDG plan folder is in the tree under your FS folder and it is working you seem to be set up correctly. The export folders are hard coded and do not care about the FS root folder. So as I noted in your documents folder if you have Flight Simulator Files for one and Flight Simulator X Files for the other then you should be OK. Just have the FS9/FSX and FSX (XML) exports checked and you should get one of each in a single operation along with your PMDG plan. Make sure what you don't want is not checked. If you want to make these defaults in FSB go to options, then settings, and check FS9 GPS and FSX GPX, then click Save Configuration. When you restart FSB you should be OK to do both. See if you still get the error. If you do make sure your shortcut to FSB has the run as admin property set just to insure there is not a security issue and you are running as an admin.
Thanks Ron, Jim, Bob and Johan, installed new folder in documents as per your recommendations and flightplan is exported OK. When using PFE I just change the source folder from Flight Simulator X to Flight Simulator.Again thanks

Andrew Dixon

If I point too the root folder to my FS9 and I am using PMDG 737 and wont to export flp to to folder FS9/PMDG/Flightplans FSBuild point to a folder tha don't exist as you can see at the attach file. How can I get it right?Edit: When I'm looking to the screendump now I can see that right searchway is on an other aircraft.