Sign in to follow this  
Werner747

PMDG 747-400 in Windows 7

Hi everyone,I'm looking for some help on this (I have already sent an e-mail to the guys at PMDG for support, but I'd like to throw it as wide open as possible to see what I can come up with).I have the FS9 version of PMDG 747 and 737 NG. Never had any problems. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 32-bit and now the plane loads in FS9, but there I cannot access the PMDG menus! As soon as you select an option in the menu, the screen goes blank and when you go press escape it goes back to FS without a problem.I also noticed after mailing PMDG, that it seems to not load the AIRAC database. Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love Win 7 and would like to stick with it, but not at the expense of my best loved planes :-). RegardsWerner

Hi everyone,I'm looking for some help on this (I have already sent an e-mail to the guys at PMDG for support, but I'd like to throw it as wide open as possible to see what I can come up with).I have the FS9 version of PMDG 747 and 737 NG. Never had any problems. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 32-bit and now the plane loads in FS9, but there I cannot access the PMDG menus! As soon as you select an option in the menu, the screen goes blank and when you go press escape it goes back to FS without a problem.I also noticed after mailing PMDG, that it seems to not load the AIRAC database. Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love Win 7 and would like to stick with it, but not at the expense of my best loved planes :-). RegardsWerner
Did you run the installer as Administrator?

Make sure you run FS2004 in 'XP Service Pack 2' Compatibilty Mode (right click the Shortcut -> Properties -> Compatibilty). I had a very similar problem and this fixed it.And i agree, W7 is damn good!

Did you install all the updates. The 747 has a 1.1 update. I had your problem but had forgotten the update, which fixed it.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest Patrickb14

Hi There,I installed both my 747's within Windows 7. In FS9 so far so good. I did not find any problems whatsoever. But the 747-400X in FSX is another story. When i reinstalled this one within Windows 7, i had some problems. My speedtape does not work anymore. It stays on 30 knots, but the groundspeed below it does its job as it should be. The second problem i discovered so far, is that my rudder does not move visualy. If i look at it, that's it. But when i move my joystick rudder, the plane does react properly. I do have my advanced animations checked and i do have the autorudder unchecked. Other sims as the 747-300 of CLS work fine in FSX. I did not install my PMDG MD-11 in FSX yet, so I cannot tell you if she will have the same problem. The FS9 PMDG 737, 747 and MD-11 work fine.So my question is as short as simple: "Help???"Kind regards,Patrick BijvoetThe Netherlands.Edit: Reading here about the problems with fs9 of some people, I was inspired to switch my FSX also to administrator. That was the solution. Within 10 minutes! I state it here, instead of deleting my question, for future reference for people who encounter the same problem.

Edit: Reading here about the problems with fs9 of some people, I was inspired to switch my FSX also to administrator. That was the solution. Within 10 minutes! I state it here, instead of deleting my question, for future reference for people who encounter the same problem.
Cool, glad that its working. Personally, i turn off UAC in Windows 7. A lot of PMDG issues can be fixed with the free Flight1 FSX Registry repair tool found HERE. By the way - how did you do your PMDG Banner with your name? I want one!!!:-)

Guest Patrickb14
Cool, glad that its working. Personally, i turn off UAC in Windows 7. A lot of PMDG issues can be fixed with the free Flight1 FSX Registry repair tool found HERE. By the way - how did you do your PMDG Banner with your name? I want one!!!:-)
What is UAC?? I do not know??? What does this tool do??My banner was created by someone specially for me.

What is UAC?? I do not know??? What does this tool do??My banner was created by someone specially for me.
UAC is User Account Control. Its basically how W7 alerts you if a program / install makes changes to your system. You know when you get a pop up asking if you are sure you want to continue? Thats UAC. It also limits whether a program has admin privalidges. You overided that when you set Run As Admin in the options.To change UAC, go to Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Change User Account Control Settings. There you can select what alerts you. Im guessing your Windows account is not an Administrator, thought?

Guest Patrickb14
Im guessing your Windows account is not an Administrator, thought?
Yes it is, however, this is again usefull information. But now I did what you suggested, all my software will be installed as administrator? Thanks...Patrick Bijvoet

Guest Patrickb14
Sure will!
Thanks Adrian for all your help! Everything is ok now!

Guest WerHaven

Dear Werner (Or anyone that has a solution to this porblem)Have you ever managed to fix the menus not showing in pmdg 747 Windows 7?I have version 1.20 installed and did try to run in in XP sp 2 mode - to no avail.It would be terrible if I cannot fly my 747 as I spent 100's of $'s to upgrade my rig...Appreciate any help guys,Werner (also)

Guest WerHaven

Found a solution.Go into the menu (which shows the black screen). Hit Alt-Enter.There you go.Not very neat but it does the trick.Cheers guys.

Another temporary fix is just to hit escape to bring up the quit menu. Leave it for a couple seconds then either hit enter or click continue flying. They both work the same way in the way they just try and force FSX to do a redraw. Sometimes there will be more textures lost after doind it and there will be times you never get everything back. By the time you start getting disappearing or black textures the problem is there no matter what. After the issues been triggered, there is always something gone. I have been playing with it for years and once I thought it was 100% until a plane flew danger close to me and it looked like wonder womans invisible aircarft and only the cockpits of all the AI planes were visible haha. The best I have got it was all my plane textures back and the ground/sky, but either loose the AI planes, or the airport buildings (jetways are still there though ;)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier