Sign in to follow this  
Buzz313th

J41 Service To St Barts By US Express

My friend and I were on my multiplayer server last night trying to figure out if the PMDG J41 can consistently get into and out of St Barts in the Caribean. We figured it might be just a hair too risky for our Virtual Airline route schedule. Anyway, I recorded a few landings/attempts and threw the video together in 15 minutes to finally get to bed...Hope you enjoy the video....Watch in fullscreen HD if you can...

JB

My friend and I were on my multiplayer server last night trying to figure out if the PMDG J41 can consistently get into and out of St Barts in the Caribean. We figured it might be just a hair too risky for our Virtual Airline route schedule. Anyway, I recorded a few landings/attempts and threw the video together in 15 minutes to finally get to bed...Hope you enjoy the video....Watch in fullscreen HD if you can...
JB
Holy cow... Rather fly it in a 172. :(

Yikes I felt that! :( Nice vid! The Jetstream certainly isn't as good a STOL performer as a Twin Otter!Regards,Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Yikes I felt that! :( Nice vid! The Jetstream certainly isn't as good a STOL performer as a Twin Otter!Regards,Tom Wright
Yeah, gonna get yelled at by the Monkey at Barts for a bent left main strut and blown damper. :( Nope, definately not a STOL performer, especially considering the fact that even with all the stuff out and the "Go Handles" all the way aft, as soon as the nose goes below the horizon the J41 accelerates. This makes the rwy 10 aproach at Barts really tricky with the J41, considering you don't have enough room to stop unless you put the mains on the ground before or at the touchdown zone, but to do that you need to descend quickly after passing the hill. Now how do you get down quickly after passing the hill without picking up too much speed? It's a fun approachJB

That was wild! What scenery is that? I may have to try to get my 41 in there

That was wild! What scenery is that? I may have to try to get my 41 in there
It's St Barthelemy (TJJF) I think and the scenery is Fly Tampa's St Maarten Full.http://www.flytampa.org/It's alot of fun getting people in the same plane on the same MP server and with the same scenery taking turns in the pattern trying to nail the landing.That scenery has an airport called SABA... I think that would be alot of fun having a few people online taking turns doing approaches. Unfortunately the J41 is a complete imposability at SABA, I would have to figure out another good payware addon that is really challenging for that field.Actually the DA Cheyenne might be the ticket for SABA..JB

It's St Barthelemy (TJJF) I think and the scenery is Fly Tampa's St Maarten Full.http://www.flytampa.org/It's alot of fun getting people in the same plane on the same MP server and with the same scenery taking turns in the pattern trying to nail the landing.That scenery has an airport called SABA... I think that would be alot of fun having a few people online taking turns doing approaches. Unfortunately the J41 is a complete imposability at SABA, I would have to figure out another good payware addon that is really challenging for that field.Actually the DA Cheyenne might be the ticket for SABA..JB
Yep, St. Barth, but the ICAO is TFFJ...I wouldn't try the DA Cheyenne even at SABA... Twin Otters and other STOL performers... anything else might just be suicide... I wouldn't even try certain GA singles even there...Think "aircraft carrier"...Andrew

LOL...I love the analogy to an aircraft carrier for SABA, Andrew. Now if they'd just install arresting gear there... :( As one who joined Buzz flying those hair-raising approaches at St. Bart's, I can say that, while utterly irresponsible to our VA's customers, flying those is a great way to learn the aircraft's capabilities at the extreme edge of the flight envelope...I had no idea one could fly the J41 down that approach with the stall horn blaring; just don't try it with a fully loaded plane!

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Well I have downloaded the scenery, going to start practicing. If I can hover an f18 on it's tail I think I can get a j41 into St. Barth :(

Yep, St. Barth, but the ICAO is TFFJ...I wouldn't try the DA Cheyenne even at SABA... Twin Otters and other STOL performers... anything else might just be suicide... I wouldn't even try certain GA singles even there...Think "aircraft carrier"...Andrew
I have video of my DA Cheyenne safely getting into SABA that I shot about 8 months ago... And just last night I got the Real Air Duke in and out of SABA with a full cabin and full tanks.... The Cheyenne was easier because you have more braking effort with the blades in Beta...I will try and dig up that video...JB

I have video of my DA Cheyenne safely getting into SABA that I shot about 8 months ago... And just last night I got the Real Air Duke in and out of SABA with a full cabin and full tanks.... The Cheyenne was easier because you have more braking effort with the blades in Beta...I will try and dig up that video...JB
Here's the video of last nights pattern work at SABA with the Real Air Duke with fuel at 80% and 4 seats filled.Watch full screen and HD since there are 3 views playing simultaneously.
I found the unpublished vid of the DA Cheyenne landing SABA, I just need to recapture the shots in the daylight to make it easier to see. Because of the better engine performance, beta thrust and a similar Stall speed, The Cheyenne is definately better suited to SABA than the Duke.JB