Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

An Idea For the Next MS Flightsim

Guest ZLA_JY

Multiplayer Co-PilotForgive me if this has been discussed before, but an idea had just occured to me. The FS2002 Instructor multiplayer deal was, as far as I could tell, a lame idea. But something that did strike me was if it was possible for Microsoft to incorporate in one of their future versions of FS the ability to have a multiplayer game between two pilots. Specifically, a pilot and his (real-life) co-pilot. Both pilot and co-pilot see exactly the same thing (granted, the multiplayer part of the program MUST be improved upon for smoothness between players). I'm sure that sharing the exact same aircraft info between the two would require nothing less than a good DSL/Cable modem. But if it were possible to do this, imagine the realistic flights one would have. No more dealing with everything at once. Now you can have a friend of yours fly as co-pilot and either of them could be the pilot flying, while the other deals with communicating with ATC, going through the checklist, flaps, gear, etc.Then for those flying on VATSIM and such, Squawkbox would have to be even more-so updated to handle the capability of having two pilots show up on the ATC radar program as one aircraft. Also, where the two pilots can communicate to eachother (while not being heard by others) and also to have one of them speaking to the ATC when required.If this idea has not been thought up of yet, I sincerely hope that the MSFS team notices this post as I think it would open up how realistically pilots can fly when having to coordinate with eachother in a team environment.Best regards,John McCurdywww.tecpilot.com/~la268/

Ya i though about that a while ago too. You defenatly need voice com for that though and it would be hard to find another pilot that does same things the way you do. Its not like real life where they go by strict SOPs.But ya it would be sweet!

Guest Gordius

Last night I tried to persuade my son to operate as co-pilot when landing my DF737. Although he refused I am determined to keep asking. With the use of multiple monitors that may prove intersting. Panels with copilot views would then be handy.

Me and a friend of mine are often flying together on vatsim using my computer. One guy just fly and request flap settings, gear, headings, ap modes etc and the other one do what he ask as well as taking care of speaking with the controllers, checking the charts etcHaving a 21" monitor and a second 15" TFT certainly helps together with a cordless desktop. It's great fun especially since my friend is a commercial pilot so he knows the right procedures.But being able to sit at two different computers but sharing the same virtual cockpit is something I've always dreamt of doing. I've forgotten the name but there is this Airbusprogram being developed which is a standalone program but where you can choose to use MSFS as the graphical interface. This program is said to support two pilots sharing the same cockpit but on different computers. Don't remember the name of the project or webpage now :(/Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

It may not be a copilot relationship-but the fight instructor included with fs2004 looks very powerful-and much like what you would have with a very expensive simulator. It looks like you can throw your "student" just about anything the sim can cough up, including weather, failures, and atc/communications!http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/25118.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/25119.jpg