Sign in to follow this  
MahrVehl

FSRecord help

Hi. I've just downloaded the latest version of FS Recorder for FSX, and I came a cross I problem that I can't solve. I wanted to move the place where the "Custom View : FS Recorder Tower" to the place I was at or close to, but I can't seem to figure out how. I've tried Ctrl+Enter, Ctrl+Shft, Ctrl+Shft+Enter, Ctrl+Shft+Backspace, and so on... and I still can't move even if I try Space+, move mouse. I've checked the FS Recorder Keyboard Settings but I didn't see any problem (Maybe just me). Can someone help me? Regards, Andrew Coz

Guest napamule

Andrew,No sure if FSX Recorder works exactly like FS9 Recorder. But if it does then I might be able to help. First you go into FSRecorder menu, then mouse move to drop downs and stop on line for Advanced Tower View and ck for views other than default tower view. Reason is that recorder will 'save' tower views you created before. Even if you fly 300 miles away, they are still there, but back at airport you left behind 300 miles ago. They are useless so DELETE them, or save them in a profile (unique name) for that airport. When you only have default tower view left, then you can create new ('Advanced') tower views for your present location/airport. Notice I said location, as you don't have to be at an airport to create tower views. And you can create as many as you want. Here's the trick.When you create a new tower view, it is created at the PRESENT LOCATION. Then you have to move it. So you press NumLock ON, then use keypad, and use 8. 2. 4. and 6 keys to MOVE THE NEW TOWER VIEW to a DIFFERENT location, as needed. You can use joystick to spin view around (360 degrees) to point in any direction you want it. While you are in advanced tower view you can create another advanced tower view and IT will be at your PRESENT LOCATION and must move with keypad & joystick. Then you press 'V' key to cycle to next view (Default, then 1, 2, 3, etc). Cycling is in order created, but you can go directly to 3 from 1 view via FSRecorder menu.Oh, do press BACKSPACE (<-) key to set zoom to 1X and then go from there for more/less zoom (use - and + keys) if you want any. And, during instant replays (FSX or Recorder) you can still move view location with NumLock ON plus keypad keys and also joystick hat switch (view direction changes). Takes a little practice. Also, to change FSX views when using Recorder replays, use keyboard 'Shift+S' (reverse) to change FSX views (like from 2D to Spot). 'S' (forward) doesn't seem to work (for me, anyway). Good luck.Chuck BNapamuleEdit: Oh, the 'Shift+Backspace' and 'Shift+Enter' moves the view (eye point) vertically (up / down). Now lets see a video of 7 race cars racing on a track. Or Blue Angels in 'Air Show' formations?

Andrew,I've looked all through the FSRecorderX settings and user instructions and found no reference to that effect at all. It will be interesting to find that it does work for X.Loyd

Awesome guys I've finally got the tower view where I wanted, but I don't know how to move my eye view right to left, and the view down. What I do know is to move back down, and move my body right to left. E.x. I can move the whole view right to left, but I can't turn my head 1

Guest napamule

You can use your joy hat switch to 'pan' 'advanced' tower's view 360 degrees or as needed. It's kinda slow, but should work. You can't pan the 'default' tower view, so make sure you pick on of the Recorder's tower view (by pressing 'V' key). In setting you can specify that the camera follow the aircraft as it goes by (like default tower view does). The instructions could be better written. You have to re-read everything. Only way.Chuck BNapamule

I couldn't seem to find any phrase or close-to, that might make the view follow the aircraft... I'd want it to do that, but I couldn't find the settings to change and do what you said.

I couldn't seem to find any phrase or close-to, that might make the view follow the aircraft... I'd want it to do that, but I couldn't find the settings to change and do what you said.
Did you try CTRL+W ? Normally this should enable automatic panning.Regards, Andreas

Guest napamule

Andrew,Glad that post came up and helped you out. I just got done re-installing FSX and getting XML edited with correct paths and now have possibility of installing FSUIPC and FSRecorder now. Spent all afternoon on it. I now have 'Tools' in my FSX menu, which is very satisfying. I was getting SimConnect errors and not even able to even install FSUIPC v4. Tomorrow I will do the Acelleration part. I am burned out for now. FSRecorder does have a learning curve, that's for sure. There is the saying 'think outside the box'. Well with recorder you have to' think outside the solar system'. Brain drain for me. I am sure I saw 'Auto Tracking' box to check (somewhere-hehe). I know that to get some shots you might not want all the view to track the aircraft. Trouble is all I have to go by is the FS9 version, and things might not be the same for the FSX version. Live and learn.Chuck BNapamule