Sign in to follow this  
Angelo Cosma

FSX MD-11 Autobrake Disarm

Hello everyone, as the topic title says, I am having difficulty getting a successful auto brake assisted landing. I have FSX Accelerated SP1 SP2. I have been searching the forum for this repeated issue but never found a successful solution. I have flight controls hooked up as well as rudder pedals with brake axis's mapped.1. I un-mapped my brake axis's and did a landing, result unsuccessful.2. I mapped the Brake Axis's through FSUIPC and not through FSX, result unsuccessful.3. I once again re-mapped through FSX with adjusted sensitivities and null zones, result unsuccessful.So right now I am not sure what to do, and any help, suggestions, or ideas, is welcomed.Thanks,Angelo Cosma

I am way to lazy to look for a solution so I just use my normal breaks. I never set the autobrakes. That's just the way I have dealt with itTaylor Oldham

I am way to lazy to look for a solution so I just use my normal breaks. I never set the autobrakes. That's just the way I have dealt with itTaylor Oldham
Autobreaks work just fine for me.Does anyone want me to write a quick tutorial on setting up CH Yoke/Pedals/Throttle Quadrant in FSX/FSUIPC so that they work very well and have correct reverse thrust/etc?-stefan

Guest pablofelipe

I have the same problem when i set the autobrake system for landing (making a vfr landing or via Autoland) i have a single 3 Axis Genius Joystick, and the problem let me parked at the runway when aircraft stops entirely before landing, i do anything to make a roll to the taxiway, but nothing unbrake the plane, let me know if i do anything wrong...My plane runs under Windows Vista Home 32 bit with Flight Simulator 2004 and some addons like scenery and other planes and of course FSUIPC and make the work very well (except the autobrake system when i use it for land, for takeoff roll i set to rejected position, set to off before liftoff and never have any trouble)Best Regards. :( Pablo CiprianiVATSIM ID 1020064

I'm not 100% sure this will help. I'm using Saitek throttle quadrant with 3 levers assigned to the engines and what I did observe is the following: If I do not calibrate the throttle in FSUIPC, I get a range from minus to plus 16300. So not the complete travel of 16384. So I calibrated them and then the output to FS is suddenly either -4000 something or 0 up to plus 16384. Nevertheless FS accepts the 0 to 16384 perfectly as throttle travel for idle to max power.With this setting I get a "NO SPOILERS" at touchdown. Going back to the uncalibrated throttles, so no FSUIPC modification, the spoilers stay out. So my conclusion from that is, that despite the FS understands a "0" as idle, the MD-100 spoiler function is tied to the max min value - 16834 as input for idle and any calibration that diverts from that, will make the spioiler close upon touchdown.Maybe woth a check on your side.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

I found a fix for this guys, assign your brakes in FSX and manually delete all brakes reference in FSUIPC.ini file.