Sign in to follow this  
ega

FFX/SGA DC10's are now available

Great job on all of these! And the file sizes are alright even for dial-up uses....-JohnEdit: I wanted to ask--Did Erick use the same wing on the 10 as the 30 and 40? The wing on the 10 series is 10 ft. shorter than the others (155 ft vs 165 ft).... They look the same to me.... But, they also look awesome--great detail. The AA paint on the base 10 series is excellent!

AAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhh!!!*runs to computer, trips, struggles to click on 'File Library'*Thanks Guys!!! We've been waiting for this one, and its out a lot earliar than i would have expected... good work you'llAl

Thx MikeAnother excellent job you guys have done.By the way I am having problems installing the 10-40 variant.All other models installed without problems however the 10-40 will not show up in the menu. I installed as per usual and even changed the ui manufacturer in the cfg from FFX to McDonnell Douglas and it still doesnt show up.Do you have any suggestions as to what might be the problem or is everyone else experiencing the same thing.CheersLozza

>Thx Mike>Another excellent job you guys have done.>By the way I am having problems installing the 10-40 variant.>All other models installed without problems however the 10-40>will not show up in the menu. I installed as per usual and>even changed the ui manufacturer in the cfg from FFX to>McDonnell Douglas and it still doesnt show up.>Do you have any suggestions as to what might be the problem or>is everyone else experiencing the same thing.>>Cheers>LozzaIt's the "sim" line in the aircraft config. Copy the name of the air file and put it on that line. On the -40 the air file name was typed in wrong on the "sim" line, that's all. That will fix it all up for you :)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Thank you very much Shane.That was it.CheersLozza

No problem Lozza!:)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Yeah, sorry about that. :-( Was a long day yesterday getting all of these packaged and uploaded and edited etc. That was the only file affected and it's only the one from our site. I was told about it quickly enough that the one in the library here at AVSIM is ok.Mikehttp://sgair.net/mike/mike/mike_small.jpg

"The 10's wings are shorter. We made sure of that."No biggie Mike, but they are the same wing, meaning the 10 has the 30's wing... Lined each up on the same runway at Sky Harbor, which is 150 wide, then looked straight down in spot view. The wings end at the same spot, just about 8ft. over the edge of the runway on each side, equalling approx. 165 ft, the width of the 30 and 40's wing.If you look back from the cockpit at the wing view, one giveaway is the "interior" wing of the 10 series has the center rear gear coming out of it....I don't really care--the only wing which rivals this one in detail and texturing may be POSky's 747-400.... And that included AA paint for the 10 series is amazing--reflections off, the dynamic shine makes it look as photoreal as I've ever seen. I can't think of a DC-10 this well done anywhere, payware or freeware.You guys need to take a big break.... Can't get any better than what you've done in this project...-John

Well John I'm glad to hear that it's not an issue with you , but I must add that I can prove that the wings are shorter. :( And for the center gear being visable in VC view, in our haste, we couldn't yet completely remove it, you see we actually went backwards in the design. We built the Series 40 1st and went backwards from there. Easier changes to the model going from more to less. The "glitches" will be addressed in the upgrade. Now go fly the thing and put away the tape measure. :(Mikehttp://sgair.net/mike/mike/mike_small.jpgp.s. got a pic especially for you John in the screen shot forum.

Been trying to download these sweet looking acft, but there must be a bunch of others trying as well, keep getting the internet screen of death (page not found)! Guess I'd better try again later,Ken

Ouch Mike! Nuff said... I'll delete the aircraft if it bothers you so... Dare I raise an issue!!!! It's trivial, let's move on! But if you want, I'll post my own pics tonight showing that they are indeed the same size..... Geeshhhhhh....

Guest Daniel Pimentel

John:Check the SS forum... Mike posted proof that the wings are shorter. Oh, and thanks on the comments on my AA DC10-10. :)Cheers,[a href=http://sgair.net" target="_blank]http://sgair.net/mike/banners/daniel_small.jpg [/a]Click the Banner to visit the FFX Website.