Sign in to follow this  
ega

FFX/SGA DC10's are now available

Mike,Just a question (advice?). I downloaded a few of the new FFX DC10 and I face a problem I never had before: for the three Dc10 I got, I can see their preview inside FS2002 (that tells me that the model is OK) but soon I load the aircraft FS closes immediately (no error message) and I

Edmundo Azevedo

I have a question :How come that all yur models looks just as detailed as most others and still are generally better on framerates.(Compared to Meljet and Aerodesign as an example)

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Hey:I think the virtual cabins and cockpits are a lot of polygons (on any aircraft), so those make your frames go down. I am not sure, since I don't design, but I think that's the way it goes.Cheers,[a href=http://sgair.net" target="_blank]http://sgair.net/mike/banners/daniel_small.jpg [/a]Click the Banner to visit the FFX Website.

Guest Speedbird1

"I can't think of a DC-10 this well done anywhere, payware or freeware."Thoughts are also echoed here.Excellent detail and stunning paints as well..Is is just me or has there been some great freeware aircraft in recent weeks ? :7

Load it without a panel and see if it does the same thing. I doubt it will. I don't know what panel you are using, but it sounds to me there is a gauge not compatible. Everyone is using all the series just fine.Mikehttp://sgair.net/mike/mike/mike_small.jpg

Mike,Thanks for your input. No, even with the default B737_400 panel it does not work. I understand that nobody is having this prolem! But I am an experienced user and to be honest I have no idea why this is happening - and I have downloaded many stuff! It could from the model used in this DC10

Edmundo Azevedo

Ok I think I know what the problem is. You didn't specify which model it was that was giving you the problems, but I have a strong feeling it's the 40 series. There's a simple fix to it. On that particular config file during editing, I forgot to change the sim line to read FFXDC1040. A few people had that problem, Only the file that was uploaded to our site was affected. The others uploaded to the other sites are all fine. I'll get that file changed today.Just go to your series 40 aircraft folder, copy the airfile name, open up your aircraft config file and paste over the entry in the sim line and it should be fine. I hope this solves your problem. If that's not the case and your still having problems, then possibly you got a corrupt file and you will need to re-download that bird. Sometimes this happens when so many people are downloading the same file at the same time. Also check to make sure there is a model and model config file in the model folder. The model line should say the series (30, 40 etc) and the folder should be named model.30 or 40 etc.Email me at mike@sgair.net if your still having problems.Mikehttp://sgair.net/mike/mike/mike_small.jpg

Mike,Many thanks for your help. Yes, there was a line wrong at the aircraft.cfg. I corrected that and I am already enjoying your beautiful aircraft!. Thanks for sharing your work! I do miss though a nice panel. I really regret that Darim (from FFG) couldn

Edmundo Azevedo