Sign in to follow this  
yankeeromeo

FSX CFG

Hello Folks,I have modified the value from true to false concerning all the InfoParkingBrakes, infoPause, InfoSlew, infoStall, infoOverspeed as well as the momentum effect camera02.When flying, all theses red messages and momentum effect still appear ?!!Worked just fine in the past and for each FSX reinstall i did, what's wrong ?Vista64, with UAC off.Thanks in advance for your help.Cheers,

Guest WarpAir
Hello Folks,I have modified the value from true to false concerning all the InfoParkingBrakes, infoPause, InfoSlew, infoStall, infoOverspeed as well as the momentum effect camera02.When flying, all theses red messages and momentum effect still appear ?!!Worked just fine in the past and for each FSX reinstall i did, what's wrong ?Vista64, with UAC off.Thanks in advance for your help.Cheers,
suggests you might be changing the wroung file.On my system there are two files called fsx.cfg where its supposed to be, but the other is autogenerated , i dont why or what for, but its not the generated one you supposed to modify, bu the original generated by fsx.Question is the changes you make in the file are they saved, can you check by reopening the file to see.

Hello WarpAir,Yes, the change i made are saved and i have 1 CFG file and 1 LWcfg.Really don't understand that b'coz this is not the first time i make change in the CFG!If you see something else...Cheers,

Hello WarpAir,Yes, the change i made are saved and i have 1 CFG file and 1 LWcfg.Really don't understand that b'coz this is not the first time i make change in the CFG!If you see something else...Cheers,
Was the sim running when you made those edits? If so, they will not be "saved". The sim must be shut down if edits to the FS9 or FSX cfg file are made and are to be "remembered".

Hello Opa,No, FSX was not running.My FSX is installed on my F disk, before that it was the C and all the change, (the same) i made was OK.CFG on C disk and FSX on another Disk could be a problem ?Thanks for your lights.Cheers,