Sign in to follow this  
Steve1969

g3d.dll error

Hi,I'm posting this in the hope that someone else has solved an annoying problem that has developed.I have recently installed Aerosoft VFR Germany West and Mega Airport Frankfurt and I can fly out of this airport without FS2Crew and on to the UK with no problem.I can also fly within the UK using FS2Crew no problem.However, if I fly out of Frankfurt using FS2Crew, as soon as I instruct my co-pilot to activate VNAV, Climb Thrust, Centre in Command, FSX will crash with a G3d.dll error. It has done this every time I try it.If I disable VFR Germany West, I can fly out of Frankfurt with FS2Crew without a problem.I have disabled all other scenery and landclasses, other add-ons, reinstalled the Level D, VFR Germany, Frankfurt and FS2Crew and still no success. I have flown with no AI and it still crashed. I have also tried different Nvidia drivers, updated the C++ libraries, re-installed directx and still no joy.Its an odd one. Anyone offer any advise?My system is a skulltrail at 4.0Ghz with 8Gb RAM and a GTX280 1Gb card. I use XP64.

Stephen Munn

Hi,I researched that and it seems to be an AES issue.Check this Aerosoft thread:http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?sh...17418&st=40Cheers,
Hi Bryan,Thanks for getting back to me. I had already read that thread, having trawled all over the Aerosoft site trying to find a fix. The AES OOM affects FS9 with the 3Gb switch. I hadn't made myself clear that I'm using FSX running on XP 64bit and have already tried the flight with AES disabled ensuring the DLL's did not load from dll.xml.I posted here in a last ditch attempt at a solution.Thanks

Stephen Munn

I have to say how disappointed I am with Aerosoft's technical support. I wrote to them about this error after installation Approaching Innsbruck, and provided them with a a bevy of information about my system and how and when the error appeared. I also let them know that I had an above average knowledge of FSX and associated software. Here is the all too lame response I received from them, and after doing more research I can see what they gave me a generic, lame, worthless response. They know about the problem, and from the looks of things they either don't know how to fix it, or just have no intention (currently) of addressing it. EMAIL MESSAGE RECEIVED If you are using a specific plane to do these flights then please try doing them with a default aircraft like the 737 for example. If you can do the same flight in the default without it crashing then this may point out to a problem with the aircraft and that area. If so try doing the same flight with the plane that crashes the sim but do it without the FMC being loaded for the flight.With kind regards,Shaun FletcherAerosoft GmbHFlughafen Paderborn/L.D-33142 BuerenHRB1989 PaderbornGF: Winfried Diekmann In other words, they're not sure their product will work with anything other than a default aircraft? I'd already told them that I'd tested it with the Level-D and PMDG 737NGX, with and without the FMC being programmed and/or used. This was a terrible response. Also, I sent them screen shots of the error and my dll.xml file, along with my system specs and all the software and hardware I have installed. Plus i gave them a system history. All I got back was "try it with a default aircraft". Exceptionally unprofessional and tremendously lame technical support.I'll certainly report back if it improves. Thanks for listening.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

last night i got this same error....i have downloaded dll missing file from Google..but nothing happen...still getting same dll not found error.. plz help me...