Sign in to follow this  
Guest fourthtime

Never seen this before

Copy all your add-ons into a separate folder be it aircraft or scenery. Once done, uninstall the game and reinstall after turning off the UAC. Install into a folder other than the Program Files or (x86)Program Files folder then copy the add-ons back into the new FS install.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

Guest fourthtime

Ok, I will try that. I have a few questions first. Where should I install the game to if not the program files. Do I have to take out all the addons or just the addon scenery folder. I ask this because I have sceneries from aerosoft, fly tampa, fsdream, world of ai planes, just flight traffic, rex and lots more and they have their own folders too. Do I take those out as well. I am so suprised that I have to do a complete reinstall from a system restore problem. Most of my sceneries were bought so I can reinstall those but what about my over 500 world of ai packages. If I unstall and select keep settings what actually is still installed. For example gepro and rex are big programs, If I save settings will they still be installed when I reinstall the game?. Also my downloaded addon airports, lots from mach1 and frf will those automaticaly be installed too or do I have to activate them again. I guess I had more than a few questions (haha)

Copy all your add-ons into a separate folder be it aircraft or scenery. Once done, uninstall the game and reinstall after turning off the UAC. Install into a folder other than the Program Files or (x86)Program Files folder then copy the add-ons back into the new FS install.

You can copy the whole Add On Scenery folder which will include the Add on Scenery/scenery folder and the whole Aircraft folder over to a separate drive, just remember that it may take a bit of time. Go to the Scenery/World/scenery folder and copy all the traffic .bgls over too. If you have any extra special textures or effects installed, it may be best to save those folders too. One thing to remember is that any add-on that needs to be activated to be installed may need to be reinstalled instead of just copy and pasted back into the proper folders. Still, once installed and activated, texture folders for repaints and the aircraft.cfg files can be copied over to save from having to reinstall the liveries. World of AI can be dropped right in the aircraft folder once the game is reinstalled along with other freeware or payware aircraft you may have that does not need to be activated.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

Guest fourthtime

I am at my breaking point. I uninstalled the game and saved the folders. The game installed correctly but when I go to run it I am getting the same error message. I uninstalled and still get the same message. I give up with this windows 7 crap. I am going to take it to best buy because obviously I did something to the whole system and maybe if they see what I did they can tell me how to fix it and charge me of course. I can't believe this whole situation and I can't believe I uninstalled for nothing. Thanks everyone for your help but this may be it for me..

You can copy the whole Add On Scenery folder which will include the Add on Scenery/scenery folder and the whole Aircraft folder over to a separate drive, just remember that it may take a bit of time. Go to the Scenery/World/scenery folder and copy all the traffic .bgls over too. If you have any extra special textures or effects installed, it may be best to save those folders too. One thing to remember is that any add-on that needs to be activated to be installed may need to be reinstalled instead of just copy and pasted back into the proper folders. Still, once installed and activated, texture folders for repaints and the aircraft.cfg files can be copied over to save from having to reinstall the liveries. World of AI can be dropped right in the aircraft folder once the game is reinstalled along with other freeware or payware aircraft you may have that does not need to be activated.