Sign in to follow this  
Guest honda3

Win 7 or XP?

Guest honda3

I can get microsoft operating systems free through my school. My question is would it be worth it for me to upgrade from my Vista 32 bit to windows 7 or Windows XP, and would I benefit from upgrading from a 32 bit to a 64 bit? I get good frames right now with many add ons just looking for a slight boost. My computer specs are 3GB RAM 2.0 ghz processor and a 9500GT video card with 512mb. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Guest firehawk44
I can get microsoft operating systems free through my school. My question is would it be worth it for me to upgrade from my Vista 32 bit to windows 7 or Windows XP, and would I benefit from upgrading from a 32 bit to a 64 bit? I get good frames right now with many add ons just looking for a slight boost. My computer specs are 3GB RAM 2.0 ghz processor and a 9500GT video card with 512mb. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
I think about everyone who has posted in this forum has lauded Windows 7, 64bit for being more stable and providing faster frame rates in FSX. You need to go on the Microsoft site first and download and install a program that will check your systems compatibility with Windows 7 first. Not all system hardware is compatible with Win7. The most important reason for upgrading to Win7, 64 bits is that it will read all of your installed memory and you won't have to install memory switches (like the /3GB switch or userva switch for Vista).Best regards,Jim

Guest honda3

So are saying that Vista 32 doesent utilize 3 gigs of ram?