Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJHMD11

MD-11 VC freeze, plane continue flying and FSX works smooth.

Guest AJHMD11

Hi all! I update Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit to Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit fresh install and i buy second time PMDG MD-11 because i don't find installation file. Now every flight MD-11 VC panel freeze (CRT Screens, PFD, ND, EAD and SD) but plane continue flying without control, after about 30 second VC wake up and take control again (i don't have to do anything). After that fly is not stable, autopilot can't follow FMS Nav course direct it's fly side to side course very long time.I fly all time in VC and that happens ground and fly. All time FSX is stable and works smooth. In Vista everything works perfect. I run everything as admin and i have reinstalled FSX, SP1, SP2 and MD-11 but that not solve problem, any idea? Anyone?

Please sign your full name in this forum.The display freezes in FSX are a FSX thing..., it happens when the focus changes to another window like the map view or a menu. Fix is easy, once you are back to VC view press A then Shift+A. The toggling cameras will wake up FSX and the VC view will start working again. In the 747X, you will also loose VNAV but I don't think PROF is affected in the MD11.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest AJHMD11

Plane is cruising and i don't have touch my computer about 10 minutes, it's freeze.I go (Shift+A) 2D panel, panel work but plane not responding... PFD show how plane is losing altitude and course, autopilot is on but it's not control the plane.I go back to (A) VC screens are still freeze, until some time when everything wake up then autopilot start climb back to cruise altitude and course. I don't have to arm autopilot or do anything.

Antti, you are describing a problem I am not familiar with. It does not sound like the simple one that is easy to get around. Something else is causing the simulation to hang. Maybe a screen shot of the 2D panle when plane is not following autopilot might help the forum find a reason.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest AJHMD11

Here is screenshot VC and 2D panel in same time when VC is freeze.VC freeze now in Climb after 9 min of departure as you see, sometime it's freeze about 27 min after departure, sometime after flight when i taxing...

Antti, Are you running any kind of anti-virus or firewall software that monitors TCP/IP connections? The panel sets up a virtual "network" between itself and SimConnect using TCP/IP and we've seen issues before with the gauges freezing due to security software that blocks the connection. Make sure if you're running any such software that your FSX folder is excluded from real-time monitoring.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

This happened to me once. The PFD was frozen, but the ND was still functioning. However, it showed the plane going well off course. The quick fix was to click on the PFD and close the popup and then do the same with the ND. It "woke up" both displays and the plane corrected its course.*edit* I may have clicked them in a different order. Either way, click on them to get the popups and then close them-stefan

Guest AJHMD11

I only use Windows Firewall and Avast!.I disconnect computer from network and turn off Windows Firewall and Avast.Again it's freeze, now i notice only VC CRT Screen and plane control surface are freeze. Button and FMC works in VC. 2D panel and popup panel works, clicking is not wake up anything. Only waiting will wake up all.I'm thinking formatting hard disk and install Windows and everything again if something in install is going wrong.I hope that solve problems...Here is screenshot:

Guest kirk7312

I got same problem before. Try to lower your fsx setting, such as traffic and graphic setting. I think it will be helpful.In my case, I lowered the traffic setting. the problem has gone...

Guest AJHMD11

Reinstalling everything and low FSX setting don't help at all. Before reinstalling, i install Level-D 767 and fly two test flight without any problem.Now i have only Win7, FSX and PMDG MD-11 on my computer... and this freeze issue.I also add and allow Simconnect to Windows Firewall. Can i do anything else on simconnect?

I just had this on a flight while descending to KORD. The PFD froze, but the ND kept going. However, the plane started turning and such. Popping up the PFD made it start updating (at least while zoomed), but the autopilot still wasn't following the FD. Turning off the autopilot didn't help. Eventually I turned it on and off a few times while popping up/closing the PFD and ND, and it eventually "woke up"I wish I knew why this was happening, but I can't really give more information.-stefan

I just had this on a flight while descending to KORD. The PFD froze, but the ND kept going. However, the plane started turning and such. Popping up the PFD made it start updating (at least while zoomed), but the autopilot still wasn't following the FD. Turning off the autopilot didn't help. Eventually I turned it on and off a few times while popping up/closing the PFD and ND, and it eventually "woke up"I wish I knew why this was happening, but I can't really give more information.-stefan
Hi Stefan, Although I have yet to experience that specific issue, I have had similar. My guess is that one of two things happen. 1. The memory bus gets saturated and the PMDG logic and systems get squeezed out and need time to reload come the needed time.2. Same as #1, but not bus sat, but more due to FS's way of loading and querying new/old data.Next time try to just pause the sim for a minute. If #1 is correct, but it is more related to waiting on someones hardware (bus), then it will continue to recache even if paused.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Chaps,I'm getting a similar problem.When in VC mode for several minutes/hours, I find that the displays stop updating. The Plane doesn't fly off course but I need to change view to get them refreshing again before, they stop. I can fly from 2D panel and they never freeze, seems to be only in VC mode. Currently using FSX - SP2, Windows 7 64Bit, 6gb RAM, ATI 5870 1024mb, and i7920 @ 4GHZ. Now the processor is over clocked however someone else I know gets this issue and they're not over clocked, however they use windows 7 64 too. All the redistributable s are installed provided with the 747X, MD11X so I can't imagine its anything like a corrupt download. Anyone have any Ideas? As this is a new PC, I've done several reformats and when I have flown the MD11 on each time, the PFD, ND and other two displays stop responding in VC. FSX is being run in administrator mode. Cheers,Tim

Guest AJHMD11

I don't have found any solution this problem.Freeze every 57 minute about 2 minute it's wake up, if i press pause flight controls wake up but vc panels notI don't want grounds my MD-11 :(