Sign in to follow this  
IMAGRANDPA2

Improved sound for FSX default aircrat

Hi folks,I'm sure that I read or saw something about software that enhanced the engine sounds of all FSX default aircraft. I know about the TSS sound products but I think I saw something different. Anybody have any info. in this area or did I dream it?Thanks,Eric Olson

Hi folks,I'm sure that I read or saw something about software that enhanced the engine sounds of all FSX default aircraft. I know about the TSS sound products but I think I saw something different. Anybody have any info. in this area or did I dream it?Thanks,Eric Olson
Try this

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Guest firehawk44
I highly recommend the TSS or Flight One Audio Environment products. I 'unfortunately' have them all. I say unfortunately because I already had the TSS747 PW product, then went and got the Audio Environment product and I found out later it had the same sounds in the B747 and B737 folders as the TSS747 product. But the Audio Environment does more and adds sound cones and more environmental stuff so it's not a total waste of money. Today I went and got the TSS747 RR product and the TSS 737 product and installed them and this is how I found out the Audio Environment product duplicated some of the TSS stuff. Again, not a problem. Like I said, I highly recommend the aircraft sounds installed by TSS and/or Flight One's product. They definitely put a whole new and enhanced experience in FSX. Thanks Flight One and TSS!!!Best regards,Jim

I'm not positive but I think that TSS is Alan's latest work and an update to his TRAFFIC SOUNDS FSX EXTREME EDITION 2009.Also, he has released a number of sound sets for individual planes over the years.I think these sounds really add another level of realism to FSX.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

I'm not positive but I think that TSS is Alan's latest work and an update to his TRAFFIC SOUNDS FSX EXTREME EDITION 2009.Also, he has released a number of sound sets for individual planes over the years.I think these sounds really add another level of realism to FSX.jja
TSS is Turbine Sound Studios. A totally different Company and not connected to Alan at all. TSS produce individual aircraft sound packs and worked with Flight 1 on the Audio Environment project. That replaces all the default airliners and also the AI traffic sounds for most commercial packages. Alan Constable makes Traffic Sounds Xtreme which is just replacement AI traffic sounds. Hope that clears the confusion up.Dave.
They are individual aircraft whereas Audio Environment replaces all of the main Airliners sounds in one package.

Try this
-----------------------------------------------------------------Based upon the sound sets on Flight1's site for this product...and they sounded fantastic....(I purchased Audio Environment), but in use within FSX, they sounded nothing like the clean sound files promoting the product. I read the manual,...set ENGINES to the recommended 70 percent sound level within FSX...positioned myself at the departing runway, and basically heard nothing different over the stock engine sounds of FSX as A.I. spooled up and ran down the runway. I set the product up as per the manual. I installed all sound sets to the default aircraft, and to the A.I. aircraft, which the sound manager found. My A.I. aircraft are WOA packages.Honestly, I was disappointed compared to the sound examples on Flight1's Website. Basically, I did not hear $39.95 worth of difference over the stock engine start-up and shut-down, as well as operational sound-bytes while FSX was IN USE..... :( I have the Creative Titanium X sound card which is no dog.... This package didn't work out for me, but for others, it just might, as everybody is different, as well as their expectations.Mitch

-----------------------------------------------------------------Based upon the sound sets on Flight1's site for this product...and they sounded fantastic....(I purchased Audio Environment), but in use within FSX, they sounded nothing like the clean sound files promoting the product. I read the manual,...set ENGINES to the recommended 70 percent sound level within FSX...positioned myself at the departing runway, and basically heard nothing different over the stock engine sounds of FSX as A.I. spooled up and ran down the runway. I set the product up as per the manual. I installed all sound sets to the default aircraft, and to the A.I. aircraft, which the sound manager found. My A.I. aircraft are WOA packages.Honestly, I was disappointed compared to the sound examples on Flight1's Website. Basically, I did not hear $39.95 worth of difference over the stock engine start-up and shut-down, as well as operational sound-bytes while FSX was IN USE..... :( I have the Creative Titanium X sound card which is no dog.... This package didn't work out for me, but for others, it just might, as everybody is different, as well as their expectations.Mitch
Don't you have to be in an external view to here the new sounds? Meaning do these sounds make a difference within the cockpit?

Don't you have to be in an external view to here the new sounds? Meaning do these sounds make a difference within the cockpit?
Actually, you are supposed to get the updated custom sounds from inside and outside the cockpit. I just did a complete edit of all the SOUNDAI files for the WOA A.I. aircraft (Jeez...that was a treat...lol) and will see if that adds anything to the betterment.

WOAI is not one of the supported packages in the automatic installer (See product spec page for the supported packages) which is why it made no difference for you. I see from the post below that you have manually installed to the WOAI aircraft, so you should hear the difference now. Also, if you have any issues with sounds being faint or sound cones not panning correctly, make sure your speakers are set to 2.1 or Stereo as FSX doesn't like surround sound 5.1 or 7.1.Dave. Audio Environment Product Manager.