Sign in to follow this  
machie

RC missing MSSTDFMT.dll.

I get an error message when RC is trying to load the flight plan in my new win7 computerthe message reads like thisRun Time Error 713Class not registered.you need the following file to be installed on your machineMSSTDFUT.DLL.Thanks and cheers for any helpDorn Cranert

I get an error message when RC is trying to load the flight plan in my new win7 computerthe message reads like thisRun Time Error 713Class not registered.you need the following file to be installed on your machineMSSTDFUT.DLL.Thanks and cheers for any helpDorn Cranert
the topic is pinned at the tippy-top of the forum.

Thanks JDSorry for not looking---I am a bit frustrated---just built a new "Super Computer for only flight sim--you know the whole bit--- Windows 7 an i7 975, ATI 5870, 12 Gigs Memory--etc,etc.And of course nothing works right and I dont know how to use windows 7--have alwasy stayed with XP---so this is a hard burning in process and for me at 66 years old a very steep learning curveCheersDorn

JDI read the 713 error pinned post--followed all the directions--got positive results (class registerd etc) checked to see if the dll files were in the 32 and 64 bit folders--they were----RC4.3 work fine untill I try to load a flight then I have this problem!I get the class not registered msstmdft.dll not installed on this machine--(but it is)What nowCheersDorn

JDI read the 713 error pinned post--followed all the directions--got positive results (class registerd etc) checked to see if the dll files were in the 32 and 64 bit folders--they were----RC4.3 work fine untill I try to load a flight then I have this problem!I get the class not registered msstmdft.dll not installed on this machine--(but it is)What nowCheersDorn
what version of windows 7? 32 or 64 bit?when you launch the dos window (click start, type cmd, press ctrl-shift enter? does the dos widow say "Administrator...."did you go to system32 or syswow64?did you type regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll /uany errors?did you type regsvr32 msstdfmt.dllany errors?are you starting rc by right mouse clicking the shortcut or .exe and clicking run as administrator?jd

I am running the 64 bit versionYes it said: Administrator: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exeIt seems that I went to system32No I typed the regsvr64 promptThere were no errorsI am starting rc with the right click and clicking run as administrator I will go back and try typing in the regsvr 32 commandI will get backCheersDorn

what version of windows 7? 32 or 64 bit?when you launch the dos window (click start, type cmd, press ctrl-shift enter? does the dos widow say "Administrator...."did you go to system32 or syswow64?did you type regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll /uany errors?did you type regsvr32 msstdfmt.dllany errors?are you starting rc by right mouse clicking the shortcut or .exe and clicking run as administrator?jd

I am running the 64 bit versionYes it said: Administrator: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exeIt seems that I went to system32No I typed the regsvr64 promptThere were no errorsI am starting rc with the right click and clicking run as administrator I will go back and try typing in the regsvr 32 commandI will get backCheersDorn
there is no regsvr64 commandthe directions, for 64 bit, is to go the syswow64 directory and open the dos prompt there, as admin. then type the regsvr32 commands there
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]Copyright

OK JDI kept doing this over and over and on about the fifth try today--tenth try overall it suddenly worked!Thanks for all the help.Next issue is how to get two sets of rc working like I do on my old computer on for fs9 and one for fsx---it has been a few years since I set that up and can not begine to remember how to do itCheersDorn

there is no regsvr64 commandthe directions, for 64 bit, is to go the syswow64 directory and open the dos prompt there, as admin. then type the regsvr32 commands therei can't tell what you are doing. you say you are going to the syswow64 directory, but the dos prompt says you are still in the system32 directoryjd

OK JDI kept doing this over and over and on about the fifth try today--tenth try overall it suddenly worked!Thanks for all the help.Next issue is how to get two sets of rc working like I do on my old computer on for fs9 and one for fsx---it has been a few years since I set that up and can not begine to remember how to do itCheersDorn
you must have done something different on the 10th try. computers aren't really finicky. glad it's working.

hi,http://www.fix-all-d...m/msstdfmt.dll/ u can go to this site...this will help in case of missing or for downloading dll's or also if there is errors in dll's..!I also registered few dll's from this site...worked in my case :)

I have exhausted all options on the missing MSSTDFMT.dll.

I have looked in all the forums and followed all instructions. Even to the point where the pop-up said I succeeded in registering the module. It's there, in the correct folder. But, every time I try and start RC4, I get the notification stating that the module is missing. I've even rebooted a few times. I've tried to start the program regularly, as well as Administrator. Regardless, I still have all administration rights. My biggest complaint about Windows is that even though I'm the administrator, I still see a shield over icons. But, that's not your problem.

Interestingly enough, I just had a complete re-install of the Windows Premium 7.0, 64 bit. RC4 used to work before then.

Any ideas?

Which 2 folders?

Jim

CYWG

Which 2 folders?

Jim

CYWG

Hi Jagabom,

I got it to work by installing the file and registering it in c:\windows\system, c:\windows\system32, and c:\windows\syswow64.  So, three folders, not two.  Windows 10, 64 bit.

Hope this helps!

Mark

Mark Lam