Sign in to follow this  
Guest digipic

View Pan working up & down but not side to side

Guest digipic

After new install (re-install), I can vertically pan with 2 & 8 or the hat switch on the stick, but not horizontally with the hat or with the keyboard. When horizontal pan attempted, the view just jogs one step and returns to jog again - no accumulated movement.I'm at SP2 with no SDK. This is a re-install with same hardware. I purged system of any FSx files before attempting the re-install. Using logitech stick, but the same problem exists even without the stick. Do I have to re-install again?????Thanks for your reply.

Guest napamule

Forget the re-install, or the SDK files. They won't do anything to help with this problem. First of all, are you in the VC panel view? The 2D panel does not have pan to it. Only VC panel has pan to it.Chuck BNapamule

digipic,Even if you have default, initial settings still here at the beginning, you might try try going to the settings, controls and try the 'reset defaults' button down near the "OK" button. Sometimes, for whatever reason, it just seems to 'lose it'. You didn't say what view modes were affected but if the tophat is one that is 'broken' it probably would affect panning in any view.Also in the Cameras.cfg, there are parameters "PanPbhReturn". If set to TRUE, then the view will recenter when you release the tophat. They all are most likely NOT set to TRUE, so if all views do this, it's more likely a control issue and NOT the camera configuration file itself. And if the keys worked fine and the tophat didn't, I'd say try recalibrating - if both control methods are abnormal, then I'd think the control definitions as the more probable cause.Try restoring the default assignments first and see what happens... might save a reinstall!Hope you get it goin' soon.Loyd