Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyingelk

Multi Monitor / EyeFinity

Guest flyingelk

I'm very much a newbie, so bare with me..I have FSX installed with 3 monitors side by side using AMD/ATI eyefinity so its 'one' desktop (I'm guessing this is similar to the TH2G?).When i start FSX my cockpit is enormous.. i'd like the instrument section to be mainly in the center monitor.. So I guess I want to move my point-of-view 'back wards' inside the cockpit?Any way to do this? Been googling like a madman and still sort of stuck.Alternatively I can run them as seperate monitors, but then you need to detach views somehow and run in windowed mode? I must admit I cant figure this out either ;) I can drag my view to any monitor, but how do i add another view for the other monitors?If only this was as easy as flying an actual airplane, I'd be in better shape I think ;)Hope someone has some ideas or helpful links

Go to your fsx.cfg file. There's a setting that contains the word "wideview" in it or something very close to that. I believe it's in the Display section but I can't recall for sure. By default it reads "False". Change it to "True". Save the change. Launch FSX and load a flight. When in the VC, you will no longer be so close to the panel, but you will still probably be too close. Use the minus key to move your view back.It's possible that the setting I'm referring to is a line you need to add to the fsx.cfg. If the line containing "wideview" is not there to begin with, you'll have to search on "wideview" in these forums or in the surround gaming forums and you should locate the exact text required. Sorry, but I'm not at my machine to look up just what the line is. Hope this helps.RobertEdit: The line you're looking for - or should add (probably to the Display section of the cfg if it's not already there and set to False) is "WideViewAspect=True" without the quotes.

Guest flyingelk

Awesome!! I will try that and report back :)

Go to your fsx.cfg file. There's a setting that contains the word "wideview" in it or something very close to that. I believe it's in the Display section but I can't recall for sure. By default it reads "False". Change it to "True". Save the change. Launch FSX and load a flight. When in the VC, you will no longer be so close to the panel, but you will still probably be too close. Use the minus key to move your view back.It's possible that the setting I'm referring to is a line you need to add to the fsx.cfg. If the line containing "wideview" is not there to begin with, you'll have to search on "wideview" in these forums or in the surround gaming forums and you should locate the exact text required. Sorry, but I'm not at my machine to look up just what the line is. Hope this helps.RobertEdit: The line you're looking for - or should add (probably to the Display section of the cfg if it's not already there and set to False) is "WideViewAspect=True" without the quotes.

Guest flyingelk

SO Much better! Thanks a millionNow i'm getting picky.. can i add some of the panels like the g1000 or gauges in other places - i've seen that you can 'undock' but i'm somewhat clueless on how to do this..Does anyone else use the eyefinity? i have a weird issue with the card dropping the DP monitor saying it cannot display this video mode..

Awesome!! I will try that and report back :)

Guest flyingelk

I found out how to show parts with shift-1 thru 9..but when they pop up, they are all stretched crazy too. any easy way of getting these back in shape?Thanks everyone for helping out the noob :)

Hi Flyingelk,For the stretched panels, you could try my updated versions of the panel.cfg files that were modified for triple-wide monitor support for TripleHead2Go (and EyeFinity). Search the library here at avsim for 'fsx-triplewide-panels_defaultac.zip' for the updated files. There is a bug in the Baron58 panel in the package. Follow the steps in my last post in the following thread to fix the Baron. Link: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?s=&...t&p=1696844Hope this helps.-George

George's solution should handle your default aircraft, although I have not tried it. Third-party planes - especially planes like those from PMDG and Level-D or any other plane with lots of popups - will be a lot more work. I modify the size and position parameters in the panel.cfg for every 2D popup I want to resize and reposition. For me, this is a trial and error process and is quite time-consuming, although the more planes you do the less trial and error there will be. You need to do this for every variant of a particular plane that has a unique panel.cfg, although in most cases this just means copying and pasting your custom size and position specs from one to another so long as they use the same popups. Also, you must be sure and backup your customized panel.cfg files should you ever run a service pack or upgrade for the plane, which will likely rewrite the panel.cfg. Then you need to use WinMerge to compare the new panel.cfg with the old one, and transfer your customized size and position parameters to the new one, or make other adjustments as needed. A reinstallation of the plane is much simpler, as you just need swap in your customized panel.cfg afterwards. With some planes that have saved flights for tutorials or cold and dark situations, you may need to reload a different livery so that your customizations will take effect, as the saved situations usually embody the default panel.cfg settings. This usually works, but there are some cases with complex planes where it doesn't.A simpler but less effective alternative is to resize and reposition the 2D popups visually when in the VC, and then save the flight. Then use this flight to launch all future flights with that variant of the plane. I found there were several problems with this method and do not use it. It has been so many years now that I can't recall all of the problems associated with this procedure, but I chose not to follow it. About all that I can recall is that you need to save a flight for every livery you might want to use and that there were serious problems using it with saved situations created by the plane's developer.There's a payware program out there for redesigning panels. I found that it is of little or no use in this process. It may well work; I may just not have had the patience or skill to figure it out.I hope this helps.Robert