Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

How is the Carenado Dakota???

Hello all!I am really impressed with the new Carenado 210 Centurion and am now considering thier Dakota aircraft.So...how is it (visula model, VC, panel, sounds..you know, the usual stuff)????Any and all responses are greatly appreciated!Thanks!:)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Moghdad

Panel: GoodVC: FairExterior: Very goodFlight model: Very goodOverall: GoodRecommendation: Well worth owning. Excellent value for money, too.Some people have reported slightly blurry gauges. I have noticed this with the directional gyro only. It is not severe and doesn't interfere with my enjoyment of the plane.

Thanks!How does it compare with the DF Archer? I know the DF Archer is quite a bit older...Not taking into account the "extra stuff" the Archer comes with (T-O-M, etc..)?

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

bump!

Ark

Guest Moghdad

I like them both. Partly it depends on the kind of flying you want to do. The Dakota is a more powerful and faster. Personally I prefer the DF Archer II for the panel and VC, the Carenado Dakota for exterior and flight model.

Thanks for the info!As you can probably tell I am trying to decide between the DF Archer and the Carenado Dakota. Both appear to be great products...even though the Carenado isn't as "mainstream" as the DF Archer.It's a tough call.....there are very few screenshots of the Carenado Dakota around and the one on thier site doesn't really give you any good views of the aircraft.Do you think it would be possible for you to post some quick screenies of the Dakota in the screenshot forum for me, I would really appreciate it? :)

Ark

Wow!Thanks Uwe!!!!The Dakota looks great, I also like the VC :)Thanks again!!!!:)BTW, what scenery is that in the pic of the Dakota from the external viewpoint??

Ark

Hey Shane, they are both nice, depends on your preferences. The Dakota is faster, but lacks in some of the eyecandy the Archer has (opening doors, etc), but has a little nicer VC than the Archer.Because of the animations I tend to fly the Archer more, just my preference. Same with the Cheyenne, didn't fly it as much till the upgrade. My Fav is still the 421, but I am really getting into the Seneca lately! decision, decisions! LOLNow all we need is a good payware heli! Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

>Hey Shane, they are both nice, depends on your preferences.>The Dakota is faster, but lacks in some of the eyecandy the>Archer has (opening doors, etc), but has a little nicer VC>than the Archer.>>Because of the animations I tend to fly the Archer more, just>my preference. Same with the Cheyenne, didn't fly it as much>till the upgrade. My Fav is still the 421, but I am really>getting into the Seneca lately! decision, decisions! LOL>>>Now all we need is a good payware heli!> >Regards, Michael>>http://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg>>CalVirAir International VA>www.calvirair.com>Cougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviation>www.cgrmtnhelos.comI agree wholeheartedly!!The C421 and the Seneca are very much favorites of mine (for some reason, the Seneca REALLY starts to grow on you). I have yet to upgrade my Cheyenne but the original Cheyenne was actually my very first payware aircraft :) Today I re-purchsed the C310 (yes, repurchased...I had originally gotten a refund but once the aircraft was gone I REALLY started to miss it so I bought it again :-lol) and it is fantastic! If you are a fan of twins Mike I suggest you go check it out (if you haven't already, lol).I'm leaning towards the Archer right now. Although I have read that it does have a few issues here and there I have decided to come to terms with the fact that nothing is ever going to be perfect and enjoy this hobby despite tiny issues I find with aircraft/scenery/etc.. Life is to short and FS is too much fun to turn it into a science project where I put everything I purchase under an electron microscope. I think I tend to wreck most of the fun myself by being just flat out anal retentive.Thanks again for the comments guys!

Ark

Guest jason2112

As you might know I'm a big fan of Carenado's new Centurion, but their Dakota was a disappointment to me. It's the muddy gauges in the virtual cockpit that I could not get along with. I bought Dreamfleet's Archer a few hours later, and hardly ever used the Dakota again.I saw that you got the Archer, that was the right choice!VOlker :]

>Hi, the scenery is a commercial fictional scenery in the>Mediterranean Sea called "Le Monde de Chapsendor". A free>trial is available of the scenery.>>http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=239The FS2000 version is the free trial correct???

Ark