Bryan with all due respect, removing the post about the performance leak and locking you last post is totally rude, especially for us paying costumers. im of the view that the forum was for us to post our pro's and con's about the product. This would be benefical not only for those who have bought this product but for prospective buyers. I guess you are trying damage control, however when we post our recommendations or what we have been trying to tweak on our machines to make this great add on to work, im sure that many of the readers are getting something good.Before I got into FS2crew I spent a good amount of time reading through the posts trying to make up my mind whether i should purchase the product. By removing the post and asking individuals to email you personally, i think it's a mistake. It takes away freedom to intereact with other users of fs2crew.Im sure just like myself, the other readers are trying to help as much as possible to help this great product to become even better, but censoring us just wont it. I sense the frustration from many of the posters about the drop in framerate, just like myself. You said that it's only a few of us with the problem. However that may not be accurate. If i have the same problem, why should i post the same thing that many have already posting? Just to say that i posted it? No! If i see that a problem has been posted i would continuously check the forum to see if any recommendations have been posting.You asking us to email you personally, i would assume that your response would be personally also, which doesn't help the novice out there.I hope you understand the way i feel and repost the thread.Sean

Howdy,Sorry, going to have to reject your arguments... If I wanted to censor, I would delete all negative threads, including this one, like some dev's do.In order to figure out why some of you experienced a performance drop later in the flight, I need an organized approach with specific information, and I need to be able to speak with you individually and quickly. Forums are not conducive to this end as they often result in scattered, hard-to-follow dialogues especially when dealing with multiple users operating under aliases. For all I know some of you could be competition, but I think that's pretty unlikely as that would be beyond tacky.Again, I take every report seriously, but if you want to help please submit the requested info in point-form, no big narratives, just the facts, to my email address.But I'll be honest, this is going to be tough as I can't reproduce it, and other users say frame rates aren't an issue, such as these two:i confirm - there is no performance hit with Voice Commander in my midlevel systemAll the bestWerner Or this one who reported a drop of one or two frames on a very low end system:I have noticed a slight drop in frame rates. I have FPS locked at 20 and most of the time it stays there, saev for the rare occasion when it gets busy. Then I'll see a drop to about 17-19 FPS. Granted, my system is somewhat below medium level, in fact I'd call it downright low level. I have an Athlon 3500+ at 2.2 Ghz with 1 Gb Ram and a Nvidia 6600. Of course you can imagine where all the scenery sliders are at. But 17-20 FPS is still smooth enough to be enjoyable to fly with, and so I have no complaints.So why them and not you?That's the million dollar question that I'm trying to figure out.Software is stupendously complex, especially when dealing with a 1000 different hardware configs and people who have all sorts of funky stuff running on their machines. But hopefully I can figure out why you experienced a hit.All the best,

Just my two cents, but Bryan is probably one of the least defensive developers I've come across, with regards to accepting that there could indeed be bugs in his software. Generally, the attitude seems to be that the person reporting the bug is right until otherwise demonstrated. Take a look around the various subforums, and I think you will come to a similar conclusion.I was one of several people helping to beta test the PMDG 737 version (for free, I must add, lest you think I have an interest there). I have not seen the performance drop that you seem to be experiencing, but then again my system is different from yours and I wasn't really looking for it anyway. I am currently helping beta the Maddog version, and I will keep an eye out for any signs of performance drops there (the voice recognition engine is the same).It is quite common for FS performance to drop at the end of a flight, of course, because you are descending into more complex scenery and probably seeing more cloud detail, too. Have you tried a straight comparison, trying to fly the same flight twice with the same weather, time of day settings and so on, with and without FS2Crew enabled?I honestly believe that you can take Bryan's words at face value - he is simply trying to collect the data needed to investigate this issue as efficiently as possible, not trying to cover anything up.Tom

Hi I have to agree , taking the post down and letting users email Byork is a good idea .. other wise you will have a thread with some people saying this is wrong and others saying they dont get it etc .. this way Byork can better assess any software problems and hopefully get all the details together and maybe come up with a fix . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Well, so far only one person emailed me and sent the info I requested...Where are the rest of you? I can't help you unless you submit the info.At any rate, the one person who did email appears to have solved his frame rate issue.This is what he said... maybe it will help someone else:"I changed some settings of my grafic- card and put the settings in the "Open GL" from quality to performance, and after this I didn't have any problems at all. First I started a flight without FS2Crew with the PMDG, and in the middle of the flight I put on FS2Crew, the First Officer did his job and I didn't have any frame losses anymore. "Best,

Guest Martin50969

Hello Bryan,I don't know if you have received any further feedback from other users. I think that by now I have everything going well now, the Open GL settings seemed to be the reason for my bad performance, this for both versions. Cheers,Martin

Hello Bryan,I don't know if you have received any further feedback from other users. I think that by now I have everything going well now, the Open GL settings seemed to be the reason for my bad performance, this for both versions. Cheers,Martin
Hi Martin,I only heard back from one person and he says he got it sorted.Glad you appear to have got your performance issue sorted as well.Best,

Hi I cant understand how changing any OpenGL settings would work as Flight Sim uses Direct X and not OpenGL . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

I cant understand how changing any OpenGL settings would work as Flight Sim uses Direct X and not OpenGL .
Maybe there was something running in the background that uses OpenGL. Beats me :( banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png

Well, if it works for him, I'm not going to complain.That's the thing... there are 1000 different hardware configurations out there, and people are running all sorts of stuff running on their machines, even though it might make no sense, the Open GL thing helped two people now.

Well, if it works for him, I'm not going to complain.That's the thing... there are 1000 different hardware configurations out there, and people are running all sorts of stuff running on their machines, even though it might make no sense, the Open GL thing helped two people now.
I have nvidia and there isn't even an option I can find to change anything relative to openGL. I am using the Nvidia Control panel, if someone could tell me where I find openGL sliders . . . . would be helpful.

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

I have nvidia and there isn't even an option I can find to change anything relative to openGL. I am using the Nvidia Control panel, if someone could tell me where I find openGL sliders . . . . would be helpful.
The other poster may have been using nHancer, that application allows you to modify openGL settings.

ATI Tray Tools for ATI card also allows modifying Open GL settings.In my case, they had zero effect.banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png

Guest Martin50969

I was the one who solved it by changing the settings of the Open GL. But meanwhile I've experienced that fact, the longer the flight is the more the performance is going down. Yesterday I made a flight with the PMDG from EDDL to EGBB. IN the beginning everything was fine and I had 25 fps continuously. But then the fps went down and on the approach in Birmingham I only had 10 - 15 fps, not more.And I've got a new problem: I cannot load my Wilco Airbusses anymore (they are alo equipped with Fs2Crew). As soon as I choose the Wilco Bus in the FS, the FS stopps doing anything and I have to close it manually. Maybe this evening I will uninstall the FS2rew Voice editition and have a look if I then can choose the Wilco Bus again. I'll let you know.Cheers,Maritn Broich

Hello Martin,Regarding the Airbus, make sure you re-install the GaugeSound.DLL via the FS2Crew Start Center.If FS stops working when you load the Airbus, it's either because your GaugeSound DLL was overwritten by an old version by another developer's product.Also ensure your joystick is plugged in and all FS2Crew updates are installed.Regarding performance in the PMDG:Do a long flight in Africa or China so you're away from any 3rd party scenery/AI traffic, etc.That way you can rule out scenery or what have you.A lot of memory problems can be attributed to corrupt scenery.Best,