Sign in to follow this  
ScottV

Nav Radios and Popup panels stopped working

I haven't flown the J4100 in a couple of weeks. Yesterday, when I started a flight I noticed the nav radios, and all popup panels (fms, fcs, etc) no longer work. I can set up the flight and use all the buttons in the VC except the nav radios. When I open the FCS or FMS using "views" the knobs are missing, and none of the buttons work. The same thing happens when I try to click on the FMC in the VC. It won't open in a seperate window.I have tried uninstalling, and reinstalling the plane, repairing and reinstalling the SP, but still have the same problem. I deleted and rebuilt the FSX.cfg file, turned off UT2 and my AV program (Trend-Micro) with no luck. I've also tried both loading the plane from the free flight window and after loading the default flight. Same thing.I'm using FSX SP2 on Win7 32-bit, Intel Core Duo @6850, GTX260 graphics card, 4GB DDR2.I've also uninstalled all PMDG planes (747 and MD-11) and installed just the J4100. That didn't help either. Scott VanDeusen

My first guess, and that is all it is, is that there is something wrong with the VS C++ distributal files. I don't think uninstalling the JS41 removes the runtime libraries, so maybe (just maybe) a repair or manual uninstall from the control panel then a repair using the pmdg installer might work.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan, I believe you're right. I uninstalled VB 2005 and 2008. When I repaired the J41 installation, it reinstalled the VB C++ 2008 it needed for the J41, but that made no difference. I have switched back to XP because I have had numerous glitches show up in FSX such as this. I am admitting defeat with WIN7 for now. Not much fun spending days tracking down numerous bugs with addons. It's probably a update to .net framework or VB files.