Sign in to follow this  
Guest jawbreaker

Strange FS2K poblem... need HELP!

Guest jawbreaker

hii haven't found anything in the forum about this, also i don't know what to look for exactely...when i run my FS, the computer swiches back to the desktop (leaving the FS in minimized mode), unless i close all windows on the desktop. even minimized windows (like FSMeteo) force the programm to minimize again whe i try to maximize it. this nevere happend before, i used my FS2K with winXP over a year without problems.any ideas?thanks, stu

Guest ssurjap

Hi, Stu.Two things you may want to try:1) Run MSCONFIG, then go to your STARTUP tab and uncheck EVERYTHING that's in there, hit APPLY, CLOSE, then RESTART.2) Reinstall Flight Simulator.

Guest Tony_A

Hi Stu, I had a similar problem a while back that was caused by a spyware program. Search the internet for Spyboy-Search & destroy or for Adaware and clean out any spyware you may have aquired Tony

Guest jawbreaker

hi and thanks for the replies.i solved the problem. it was caused by a little programm i use, to maximize internet explorer windows automatically. this tool has to be shut down BEFORE i run FS2K (i thought of it in the first place, but always quit that programm while FS2K was running. that had no effect). so everyting works fine again. thanks again,stupid-stu :-)

Guest jawbreaker

i was wrong. the problem seems to be another one. for some reason, it worked for a couple of times, but now - the same thing again.i guess i'll try that spybot search thing... we'll see...greets, stu :-(