Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Flying near Victoria, B.C.

As I was flying around the harbor and mountains of Victoria, B.C. (with Victoria + (plus)) scenery below me, I got an overwhelming feeling that there WILL be a new non-Microsoft flight simulator, most likely from the old-ACES consortium, and that it will be a KILLER sim right out off the first RTM. I just have this intense sense, that THIS TIME, it will be coded to fully leverage every modern feature set of the i7 family as well as the most modern and up-to-date GPU's. I think that also it will leverage DX11, as W7 comes with it.Time will tell...but, weird that I just had this gut feeling that behind the scenes...out there in the LOUD silence...this product is being coded together as I type. I am most excited at the prospect, and THIS TIME, believe that without the Microsoft SUITS pacing back and forth, counting the beans....it is going to blow all of us away! The flight sim will be a completely new product taking us all into the next decade. I just have this feeling.....now..back to what we do have for now, and with no lack of enjoyment because of the add-on's to date.:)

As I was flying around the harbor and mountains of Victoria, B.C. (with Victoria + (plus)) scenery below me, I got an overwhelming feeling that there WILL be a new non-Microsoft flight simulator, most likely from the old-ACES consortium, and that it will be a KILLER sim right out off the first RTM. I just have this intense sense, that THIS TIME, it will be coded to fully leverage every modern feature set of the i7 family as well as the most modern and up-to-date GPU's. I think that also it will leverage DX11, as W7 comes with it.Time will tell...but, weird that I just had this gut feeling that behind the scenes...out there in the LOUD silence...this product is being coded together as I type. I am most excited at the prospect, and THIS TIME, believe that without the Microsoft SUITS pacing back and forth, counting the beans....it is going to blow all of us away! The flight sim will be a completely new product taking us all into the next decade. I just have this feeling.....now..back to what we do have for now, and with no lack of enjoyment because of the add-on's to date.:)
Yeah, could be...but it also could be just the pizza you ate. That's the thing about feelings... :( Stephen

Yeah, could be...but it also could be just the pizza you ate. That's the thing about feelings... :( Stephen
---------------------------------------No pizza consumed...:)A good hunch in the works, instead.

Guest jshyluk

If you have feelings about how things will be turning out for the better, please be considerate enough to post your intuitions in the form of near-future winning lottery numbers.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

If you have feelings about how things will be turning out for the better, please be considerate enough to post your intuitions in the form of near-future winning lottery numbers.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL@Seequashoo, Read this: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=271763...and don't think any game is going to be custom tailored for an i7. If FSX was already well optimized it would run very well on any platfrom wether it be Intel/AMD Core i7 Core i5. PII 960 or Athlon X2 6000+, Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Quad, etc etc etc. They all have most of the same basic features anyway, its just different architectures and clock speeds. The latest CPUs fom AMD and Intel all support SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SEE4/A, MMX+, and other extensions specific to the manufacturer (like AMD 3DNow!) which are mostly not used for games and just multimedia like viewing movies. Also it is would be very dumb to build a game around one architecture, because then you run into all kind of bugs, or get extremely different results depending on the platform.Best thing to do is wait and see... by the facts it looks like the next generation of Flight simulator games will be facing much competition. We [possibly] have an Aerosoft Simulator, X-Plane, Another Flight Simulation game from Microsoft, and possibly a flight sim game from Cascade Game Foundries...

I

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

As I was flying around the harbor and mountains of Victoria, B.C.
I'm thinking realtime streaming satellite terrain, with a fee/unit time. As resolution improves over time it will just get better and better. There is no good way to store the ginormous data needed for very high resolution terrain without doing it this way, it seems to me. There will need to be algorithms to deal with time of day and seasonal changes, but it seems this model must be the direction flight sims will go in. Imagine, your entire sim installation may be trimmed down to just a few gigabytes, and put the local computer in charge of true HD aircraft-inside and out. Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

As I was flying around the harbor and mountains of Victoria, B.C. (with Victoria + (plus)) scenery below me, I got an overwhelming feeling that -------:)
Must have been the spring perfume from lush green grass! The sound of growing grass can also keep you awake at night.But gotta go now and do the annual oil change on the lawn mower!Alex Reid

Guest hmstiger
Must have been the spring perfume from lush green grass! The sound of growing grass can also keep you awake at night.But gotta go now and do the annual oil change on the lawn mower!Alex Reid
Not to rain, but the real-time satelite stuff would be very annoying at high altitudes. Many different hues and colors of the different "patches" of photos that Google and MS stitch together.