Sign in to follow this  
markturner

MyTrafficX problem/ Questions please

Hi Guys, I just got this programme and am having a few teething troubles. i have patched to service pack 1 and i also have the civil and military plus pack.As i swap in my .cfg files depending on what type of scenery and flying I am doing, I keep losing the .cfg file entry. Now, you can also download from justflight a quick app that re enters the relavent entry in your .cfg file.So, i did this, and it added the line "simobjectpaths.5=simobjects\trafficX. Ok you say, and? Well, instead of having my simobjects5 path as "Misc", I now have the traffic entry and no "Misc" . If i look in my my simobjects floder, there are 7 entries, respectively: Airplanes, Animals, Boats, Ground vehicles, Misc, Rotorcraft and trafficX. should I not have entries reflecting all of these in my .cfg file? And can i just add the relevant lines, without nausing things up? has TrafficX installed correctly? The GUI's all seem fine and I have all the planes showing in my aircraft GUI ( albeit all in plain white liveries...) so it must be at partly fine.Just wondered if any of you wee familiar with this software and could advise on its foibles etc...Cheers, mark

Your title says MyTrafficX and in your post you say TrafficX, they are two completely different programs.If you have MyTrafficX to to the SimFlight Forums, there is a support forum for MyTrafficX and they can help you. With that said I do not think you have MyTrafficX because I do and there is nothing about civil and military plus packs. When you get MyTrafficX you get everything at once.Rod

Mark,Sorry, I can not offer any specific help as I am running MyTraffic X and not Traffic X.I can however tell you that when running MyTraffic X SimObjectPaths.0 thru SimObjectPaths.5 are stock FSX entries (Airplanes, Rotorcraft, GroundVehicles, Boats, Animals, and Misc respectively). So my last two entries are as such:SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscSimObjectPaths.6=MyTrafficAnd Mytraffic also needs to be added to the scenery library in the case of MyTraffic X. Hope this helps you somewhat.

Sorry for the confusion, I have TrafficX. I could see no reference to adding it to the scenery library, or indeed how to do that

Sorry for the confusion, I have TrafficX. I could see no reference to adding it to the scenery library, or indeed how to do that
The final step is adding a MyTraffic layer to the Scenery library. In order to do so, start Flight Simulator X and go to the 'Settings' tab and select 'Scenery library'. Like you do with many other add on sceneries. Then, select

Hi Sargeski, now I am really confused !! the highlighted in black section you posted is referring to MyTraffic, but the rest of your post and the link is for TrafficX (which is what i have, NOT MyTrafficX, which I stupidly put in the title of the thread)I did try and find a folder to activate but could not see one. I have two entries in my scenery library referring to trafficXairports, is that all there should be? What is your thoughts on the .cfg file entries ?cheers,mark

Yes Ulf and used the downloadable tool and posted on their forum and tried everything else , no luck and no replies that were any help. As people seemed confused by stupidly mixing the titles of 2 different products in the thread title, i thought it best to use the new thread to ask my specific question regarding the ,cfg file entries. Do you have any thoughts on that?cheers, Mark

Guest UlfB
...Do you have any thoughts on that?...
I haven't got any advice other then already posted in this thread or the FAQ at JustFlight.