Sign in to follow this  
BobKK47

Flashing mouse cursor

For some reason, the mouse cursor has been flashing/blinking rapidly when FSX is on the screen. It's almost as if some other program is trying to load, but I don't think this is the case. This only happens in full-screen mode, not in windowed mode. Since I prefer to fly in full-screen mode, I'd like to resolve this problem. Anyone know what's causing this, or what might be a possible cause? Thanks.

I think the solution to this one is to disable Tooltips in the Settings/Display/Aircraft dialogue. Just hit the Show cockpit ToolTips checkbox.

Mike Beckwith

I think the solution to this one is to disable Tooltips in the Settings/Display/Aircraft dialogue. Just hit the Show cockpit ToolTips checkbox.
Mike, after reading your post, I just remembered that I had this same problem way back after first installing FSX. Your post just "turned on the light" in my head and reminded me of the solution. Thanks very much.Bob

Mike, after reading your post, I just remembered that I had this same problem way back after first installing FSX. Your post just "turned on the light" in my head and reminded me of the solution. Thanks very much.Bob
Hi BobI'm troubled by this. I've never seen it before. What was your solution? It's not clear from you post if 'tool tips' was it.Frank

Regards

Frank Jones

The cursor flashing can occur when trying to open 2d panels that don't fit the screen. Instead, the panel won't show up and the cursor will start flashing and the framerate will drop. This will commonly happen when running triplehead2go/eyefinity/surround mode/etc and opening panels in fullscreen mode, but it can happen in other situations as well. It's easy to fix by editing panels.cfg for each a/c though.

The cursor flashing can occur when trying to open 2d panels that don't fit the screen. Instead, the panel won't show up and the cursor will start flashing and the framerate will drop. This will commonly happen when running triplehead2go/eyefinity/surround mode/etc and opening panels in fullscreen mode, but it can happen in other situations as well. It's easy to fix by editing panels.cfg for each a/c though.
Thanks - that makes sense. I must explore how to edit the panels.cfg. PMDG747-400X is currently my favourite, but I'll experiment with something easier!Strangely I never saw the problem with TH2G, but I have now moved on to 2 x GTX460s linked by SLI. Certainly the panels do look oversize. Presently my work-around is to go into Widows. Then undock each panel. And, save the flight start. A permanent fix would be much better.Frank

Regards

Frank Jones

Thanks - that makes sense. I must explore how to edit the panels.cfg. PMDG747-400X is currently my favourite, but I'll experiment with something easier!Strangely I never saw the problem with TH2G, but I have now moved on to 2 x GTX460s linked by SLI. Certainly the panels do look oversize. Presently my work-around is to go into Widows. Then undock each panel. And, save the flight start. A permanent fix would be much better.Frank
Hi Frank,I know that I could have emailed you with this but thought it better to share it.The problem that everyone is seeing and why you in particular are now only seeing it with nVidia Surround Technology is that the problem only occurs with resolutions greater than 3840 x 1024.Hence, your TH2Go resolution was exactly that. The nVidia Surround Technology resolution on your system now is running at 4800 x 1280. Hope this makes sense.Regards,Ted.

Hi Frank,I know that I could have emailed you with this but thought it better to share it.The problem that everyone is seeing and why you in particular are now only seeing it with nVidia Surround Technology is that the problem only occurs with resolutions greater than 3840 x 1024.Hence, your TH2Go resolution was exactly that. The nVidia Surround Technology resolution on your system now is running at 4800 x 1280. Hope this makes sense.Regards,Ted.
Thanks Ted. It does make sense.Just to correct a typo - my new resolution is 4800 x 1200. In FSX, with bezel adjustment, it is 5050 x 1200.Frank

Regards

Frank Jones

Hi Tolip2Many thanks. Your input has led me to a complete solution. As other readers have not commented, I will elaborate no further. I take it no one else has a problem like this, or I'm the only one that didn't know. If I'm wrong I will happily give more detail, if asked.Frank

Regards

Frank Jones

Hi Jonahbird, I have the very same problem with the flickering cursor and I have TripleHeadToGo. I would appreciate very much a solution to the problem.Thank you in advance! Praying.gif

I had that problem once and changed to a different graphics card driver which cured it. IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I have recently run into this same problem.  However, what caused mine to flicker may have been a bit unique.

My video card was a brand new HD7770 and was being used to run 3 monitors with a display resolution of 5760 x 1080 and it was running really well.  I then added a second brand new HD5750 video card specifically to display the forward overhead on a fourth monitor with a resolution of 1280 x 1024 ( I am using an older Acer 800 x 600 monitor for the 4th display). That's when the flashing blue circle curser started as I tried to open the forward overhead view.

I did find a very easy solution to my problem after exploring panel resizing, EXDok and whatnot.  I simply made sure the FSX start screen was on my smaller monitor when I started the flight, maxed out the view on the smaller monitor, then opened up the forward overhead with no problem.  Last step was to move the main flight window to the three large screens and everything is working very well.

I don't know how many people will have this issue and also have 4 monitors running but just in case, thought I would share my solution.

Just for the record, still want to explore panel resizing as I venture forth to build a cockpit and EXDok as it looks like a really cool program for FSX viewing

Pmdg will send you a new cfg if you raise a ticket that solves this problem. Well they did for me on the 737ngx. Some developers will do this some won't

There is a file somewhere for default planes too can't remember the name but pm me and next time I am on my pc I'll send you the details

Regards

Pmdg will send you a new cfg if you raise a ticket that solves this problem. Well they did for me on the 737ngx. Some developers will do this some won't

There is a file somewhere for default planes too can't remember the name but pm me and next time I am on my pc I'll send you the details

Regards

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11