Sign in to follow this  
Guest Luke14789

Cannot hear "pre-recorded" chatter/

First off, did you install them? See page 23 in the RC43 manual. It requires a "full install".In the General tab I assume you have prerecorded chatter selected. You can have this random chatter and AI Chatter which is generated by RC according to your location and frequency both enabled.

First off, did you install them? See page 23 in the RC43 manual. It requires a "full install".In the General tab I assume you have prerecorded chatter selected. You can have this random chatter and AI Chatter which is generated by RC according to your location and frequency both enabled.
depends on where you are flying. also, you won't hear pre-recorded ground chatter if you are on tower frequencyif you think there is still a problem, make a log, instructions pinned to the top of the forum. duplicate the problem, send me the log. also tell me where you think you should have heard pre-recorded chatter, and you didn't. i'll look at the log, and tell you what is happening.jd

Guest Luke14789
depends on where you are flying. also, you won't hear pre-recorded ground chatter if you are on tower frequencyif you think there is still a problem, make a log, instructions pinned to the top of the forum. duplicate the problem, send me the log. also tell me where you think you should have heard pre-recorded chatter, and you didn't. i'll look at the log, and tell you what is happening.jd
Hi Jd, thx for the reply,

Guest Luke14789
does that mean we don't have a problem? to your question in /1/, if you haven't done something to the winwood folder, it is correctly set up.
Well, in the winwood folder, half of the countries have the chatter, half are empty.

Luke,Setup a departure from Manchester (EGCC) and you should hear Clearance, Ground, Tower and Departure. if you do then everything is okay. If you don't then there is a problem.As JD and Ronzie have said not all areas have r/w chatter.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well, in the winwood folder, half of the countries have the chatter, half are empty.

Guest Luke14789
some folders are empty, because they pull in chatter from another country. instead of duplicating a lot of pre-recorded chatter wavs, i point to them from many different places. there is a section of the manual that describes the intricacies and design of those folders in winwood.jd
Ok. I understand that it pulls the sound files for example Frankfurt EDDF will pull soundfiles from the "Winwood--> Germany" file., However, I have nothing in the "Germany Folder". and I think that is the problem.here is a Screenshot for reference.

Ok. I understand that it pulls the sound files for example Frankfurt EDDF will pull soundfiles from the "Winwood--> Germany" file., However, I have nothing in the "Germany Folder". and I think that is the problem.here is a Screenshot for reference.

Guest Luke14789
there are no germany atc files. so there is nothing wrong. there isn't any tower, ground, clearance, departure or approach either. there is nothing wrong. i just don't have any pre-recorded chatter for germany.if you look in australia, i have chatter, and the directories are populated. just because the directory is there, and empty, doesn't mean anything is wrong. i may have had to cut a country or two to make the install fit on a cd. i may have had chatter files, say in v3, but lost the rights to use them in v4. i may have been promised chatter, but never got it. there can be any number of explanations.
Completely understood,

Guest Luke14789
if you can come up with some german chatter, there is information in the manual on how to put it into rc, and enjoy it while you fly around germany. and if you can get permission to share, then we can add it into the future releases.
Eh, It's not that big of a deal, I am planning to eventually start flying British Airwaves also and that is fully supported in RC. :-)I'm wondering however, if there is any other addon that is specific only to adding this pre-recorded chatter.I've looked into LiveATC, but that has mostly coverage in USA.

Live ATC has some good coverage in The Netherlands,Switzerland,Ireland and others in EU.Not in UK though.Not allowed!None in Germany either.