Sign in to follow this  
Guest lgvpilot1

CLS 747-200 Paint issues ( i think )

Guest lgvpilot1

As the subject says , I am having an issue with the CLS 747-200 paintkit .At certain view distances and angles the rivets on the paintkit seem to blur .This is an FS9 repaint , so no mips , and so far , no Alpha , but for the life of me I cannot figure why the rivets turn to smears at a certain distance .I am hoping it is a hardware issue as I am painting and more importantly testing the paint on quite an old laptop .Any how I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people in respect to repainting frequent this forum , and I am hoping one of you may have a clue as to my issues.I should add that this repaint is still at an early stage , so there are some obvious errors :( Thanks Mark

As the subject says , I am having an issue with the CLS 747-200 paintkit .At certain view distances and angles the rivets on the paintkit seem to blur .This is an FS9 repaint , so no mips , and so far , no Alpha , but for the life of me I cannot figure why the rivets turn to smears at a certain distance .I am hoping it is a hardware issue as I am painting and more importantly testing the paint on quite an old laptop .Any how I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people in respect to repainting frequent this forum , and I am hoping one of you may have a clue as to my issues.I should add that this repaint is still at an early stage , so there are some obvious errors :( Thanks Mark
I am not sure,but it looks to me as the rivets are having to much contrast and are placed at to short distances .Due to the limitations of the videocard and the graphic engine inside FS9, these rivetlines end up being shown like thin lines.We all know it is very hard to make small lines on FS models using low res textures ( standard and not changeable in FS9)Try painting three or four slim cheatlines on a Cessna , they wil be full of movement while flying and showing strange jaggies on screeshots.It`s an "MSFS thing" we will have to live with.As I said before I am not sure , but its the only thing I can think of.( and experienced myself)Leen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest lgvpilot1

Hi Leen Thanks for the reply , and as usual I think you are right When using the aircraft in the sim the rivet lines do seem to move .Once zoomed in on the fuselage the blurring goes away and the rivets do come into focus , a little like a repaint that has mipmaps .As you can see from the sample of the paint kit below the rivets are indeed very tightly drawn , so I think I am left with the option of either doing away with them, or flying with strange animations on the fuselage .I should add that this sample is taken straight from the paint kit , I dont think I would have the patience to do them :( Before I remove them completely will try lowering the contrast and see if that makes a differenceThanks Mark