Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Creating Click Spots and "Pop Ups" for gauges

Anyone out there interested in helping an old man learn a little about creating "click Spots" and adding some code to "Pop up" and enlarge a few existing gauges or panel avionics? I know enough to make backups so when I really screw up I can recover. My eyesight is not what is used to be and I have already had laser surgery (back when they put you to sleep and really used an exacto knife). :( Just looking for a pen pal that know how to do it. Thanks. RayM

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi RayFirstly I am by far no expert at these things, just an amateur also with not the greatest eyesight in the world, but if this works below should be a bit of code that I use for various pop up controllers.

<Gauge Name="Engines Icon" Version="1.0">   <Image Name="Icon_Engines.bmp"/>   <Mouse>	  <Tooltip ID="TOOLTIPTEXT_TOGGLE_ENGINE_WINDOW"/>	  <Cursor Type="Hand"/>	  <Click>40 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click>   </Mouse></Gauge>

The reference to the Icon_Engines.bmp does not have to be present in the code, in fact this particular gauge is an invisible click spot and the bitmap is a blank pure black bitmap only because FSPanel studio never used to like gauges without bitmaps in them.The part of the code that specifies the window to open when clicked is the <Click>40 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click>where the 40 is the window ID that you want to open with the gauge, the TOOLTIPTEXT entry can be altered to almost anything that you want the tool tip to read when your mouse hovers over the gauge.You may find it easier to copy an existing xml file and replace the entries in it with the code above using notepad, then rename the xml file to whatever you want the gauge to be and use the Cabdir.exe utility to pack the gauge into a cab fileThats about it, i hope it's of some use.Jim Hodkinson

Anyone out there interested in helping an old man learn a little about creating "click Spots" and adding some code to "Pop up" and enlarge a few existing gauges or panel avionics? I know enough to make backups so when I really screw up I can recover. My eyesight is not what is used to be and I have already had laser surgery (back when they put you to sleep and really used an exacto knife). :( Just looking for a pen pal that know how to do it. Thanks. RayM
Hey Ray,List the gauges you want to pop up etc. might be able to put some things together for ya.Douglas

Hey Ray,List the gauges you want to pop up etc. might be able to put some things together for ya.Douglas
Thanks Douglas for the offer. I am playing with a freeware P35 Bonanza panel and have added a new avionics stack that I can get to popup and return. But, what I would like to do is have a click spot to popup the Stec55x autopilot and the SA200 Altitude Selector. I also need to find way to have the AP power switch handy for a quick ON or OFF. I am using the default Mooney lighted AP swith that I really like. Also, the Heading Indicator would be nice to enlarge.If possible I would like to have a way to click some identified spot to bring these up and then click them again to take them down.gauge07=ESDG_Avionics!ESDG_SA200_AltSel,407, 480, 180, 79gauge08=ESDG_Avionics!ESDG_Stec55X, 417, 564, 258, 78gauge50=Mooney_Bravo!Autopilot Switch,592,508,25,25gauge13=ESDG_Avionics_XML!ES_SN3308_FS9, 28, 396, 186, 177 th_P35BonanzaVCpanel.jpgth_Popup2.jpg

Thanks Douglas for the offer. I am playing with a freeware P35 Bonanza panel and have added a new avionics stack that I can get to popup and return. But, what I would like to do is have a click spot to popup the Stec55x autopilot and the SA200 Altitude Selector. I also need to find way to have the AP power switch handy for a quick ON or OFF. I am using the default Mooney lighted AP swith that I really like. Also, the Heading Indicator would be nice to enlarge.If possible I would like to have a way to click some identified spot to bring these up and then click them again to take them down.gauge07=ESDG_Avionics!ESDG_SA200_AltSel,407, 480, 180, 79gauge08=ESDG_Avionics!ESDG_Stec55X, 417, 564, 258, 78gauge50=Mooney_Bravo!Autopilot Switch,592,508,25,25gauge13=ESDG_Avionics_XML!ES_SN3308_FS9, 28, 396, 186, 177 th_P35BonanzaVCpanel.jpgth_Popup2.jpg
I looked in Avsim's lib but could not find the bonanza. It would be easier if I can get to work with actual panel/gauge set.Douglas

Thanks Douglas for the offer. I am playing with a freeware P35 Bonanza panel and have added a new avionics stack that I can get to popup and return. But, what I would like to do is have a click spot to popup the Stec55x autopilot and the SA200 Altitude Selector. I also need to find way to have the AP power switch handy for a quick ON or OFF. I am using the default Mooney lighted AP swith that I really like. Also, the Heading Indicator would be nice to enlarge.If possible I would like to have a way to click some identified spot to bring these up and then click them again to take them down.gauge13=ESDG_Avionics_XML!ES_SN3308_FS9, 28, 396, 186, 177
The SA4550 has a "popup" code already in place!
<Click>40 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click>

For the Navion, I placed both the SA4550 and the SN3308 on the same "popup panel" and used ident=40 to open/close the "popup panel."Click on the face of the SA4550 to toggle the popup.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

For the Navion, I placed both the SA4550 and the SN3308 on the same "popup panel" and used ident=40 to open/close the "popup panel."Click on the face of the SA4550 to toggle the popup.

Ray, I did not realize that this was for FSX which I do not have so would have to bow out but fear not you have the "Top Gun" Fr.Bill who has already suggested a solution for you to use/explore.My apologies,Douglas

Thanks Fr. Bill. I brought over the Navion code but they are stacked verically and grouped. Can you pm me with some hints on how to break them up into individual popups or just to make the window horizontal rather than vertical. I love the Navion gear and really appreciate your efforts in bringing it out as freeware. I was successful in getting them to come up individually but, I lost the click spot (actually never had a click spot on the DG) on the 3308. Thanks.RayM