Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vincent

Should I consider upgrading my GFX?

Guest Vincent

Hey all,So I have put together an i5 system in Nov but for some reason I still get some rather bad result. Today when I tried to do a flight with my ASA J3 @ RJTT, the airport was soaked with fog (I have REX2 set to Medium at the option setting, as well as ASA running.) and I'm lagging like hell. My setting is as below:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?s=&...t&p=1680975I only changed the FPS to unlimited and set FPS limiter to 30, and changed the autogen to dense. In game it shows from mid teens to 30 fps just sitting on the rwy. If it's clear sky it seems to be rather smooth.I have REX2, GEX USA & Canada, and ASA installed.My Spec:i5 @ 3.78Ghz8G OCZ DDR3 Gold running 1080MhzBFG 8800GT OC 512MBSeagate 160G SATA with Win 7 Ultimate x64

Dense autogen is an FPS killer, as is fog. You could upgrade your graphics card for a bit higher FPS but sadly, you'll probably just need to turn down your settings a notch.