Sign in to follow this  
MMartinov

Taxi and Landing lights STRANGE ground reflection

I noticed today that my taxi and landing lights give strange reflections far away in front of the aircraft (check the images)At the same time the runway turnoff lights give normal ground reflections.Does anybody knows how to fix this as it is becoming tough to taxi the aircraft at night without seeing anything in front of the nose.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

If this is FS9, the first thing to check is to make sure something (like ASA) didn't change the spotlight.bmp file. Are you using a program that modifies textures? That is almost always the problem with lighting effects like this.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well, this is FSX and I am almost (99%) positive that I avoided all offers from 3rd party programs to change anything about the landing lights. However the halo for the nav lights is changed via REX2 menu.Yes I use ASA but only for the real weather depiction. No texture changes there.PMDG J41 does not have any problems with the taxi and landing lights ground reflection, neither does any other aircraft installed in FSX. Really weird......

Regards,

Hey Martin, Just out of curiosity, what airport is this? I'll try it and see if I get the same result.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi Dan!This is LIRN - Naples, Italy, at dusk... It is under UT Europe X terrain texture upgrade however the airport itself is generic. Same effect happens everywhere else in the world. Just tried to fix this with changing the landing lights with REX2 installer. No good. Just changed the color of the reflection - the positioning is same - far in front of the aircraft.......Ufff... anyway I'm getting pretty heavy graphics corruption recently (black screen stuff) so after this I might just scrap everything and do a recovery from my virgin HDD image - huh it was just two months ago when everything was running just great. Now I realize, the more add-ons I put in the FSX the more FUBAR it gets.....

Regards,

I wasn't able to reproduce it at all. I also use ASA and have Rex2 textures etc. I don't have UTX Europe though. My airport for LIRN looks different than your screenshots (Top down I don't have the hangers on the right when facing the same direction heading down RW6/24). Did you modify it at all with AED or something? I have had some winter texture issues with UTX USA and looks like that is the main difference between our installs that seem pertinent here, where you have it and I don't for Euro. Try to disable it in your scenery library for a minute (uncheck it) and see if you still have the problem.Edit: I also do not have REX lighting or modified halo's etc.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi.I've just got REX2 on my computer, and choose some landing lights from it's textures menu.Guess what? I got EXACTLY the same problem. Right after REX, and only in PMDG MD-11. Martin, were you able to fix it? I need help, have no idea how to get it working...

Do a roll back of your Rex textures (back to the initial backup). Then reinstall your theme or what not, but uncheck to light option that you suspect would be what I would do. Personally, I don't install Rex's lights, only lightning! I also do install the runways and High def parking etc. As I stated above I don't have this issue with Rex2 but since I didn't install the landing lights, hopefully that points you in a possible direction.After you've pinpointed the problem and know for sure, post your screen shots over at Rex's forum and show Tim and Bill.

Dan Prunier

The spotlight.bmp was changed. Try to copy back the one with 43KB and that's all. No need to uninstall anything.RegardsSchmid

Thanks Schmid!I already did the re-installation but this time I'll backup this file just in case something changes again :)

Regards,

I recently had problems with the lanfing lights on various addons. REX2 supplies a version specifically for the Real Air Duke... that appears to work with most addons so far...Any other file seems to cause problems with a lot of 3rd party addons...Andrew

Bruno - Sorry mate - I just used my backup HDD image and now everything is like it was 3 months ago - fresh :)Andrew - thanks for the idea. Actually I would not even think to use the Duke lights because I don't have the Duke. However if this solves the problem - voila....REX2 - I don't use the airplane lights upgrade anymore. Case solved!

Regards,