Sign in to follow this  
Guest GabrielR

Zoom Factors & FPS- Interesting Observation

Guest product

Hello All,I've made what I think is an interesting discovery that I haven't seen discussed before. When I change the zoom factor of my spot view, it influences the FPS I see in VC view.More specifically, I get noticably higher (and smoother) FPS when my Spot view is zoomed out to 1X or less. I'm guessing that with a high texture plane the CPU somehow must keep track of the textures even when in VC, and zooming out a bit eases up on this workload.Anyone else notice this? Will zoom factor settings in views other than Spot influence the FPS seen in VC? Am I saying something totally obvious that everyone knew except me?:-)Best,JoelPS I have a P43.06 with 1MB RDRAM, so this isn't something that just helps slower systems (but my sliders are pretty maxed)

Guest GabrielR

I did not know that, but, it makes me think that this is related to the Mip Mapping in the textures of the AC, the farther you look, less detailed and cpu consuming graphics (textures) display...Maybe I'm wrong.