Sign in to follow this  
geoffco

Contrails and Rain Effects

This whole discussion is wrt FS9 and this effect most certainly works in FS9. I think there is a REX contrail specific to FSX but I just think I read that somewhere and so it may or may not be correct...Geoff
Yes, it works in FS9 - what I was saying above is that this thread is (initially) my quest to find the best rain and contrail effects for FS9 and I concluded that REX's contrails are the best... I did not do so without testing them in FS9 to see that I thought they were the best available :( GeoffEDIT: Although I see why there is some confusion after looking at the readme file again...

Yes, it works in FS9 - what I was saying above is that this thread is (initially) my quest to find the best rain and contrail effects for FS9 and I concluded that REX's contrails are the best... I did not do so without testing them in FS9 to see that I thought they were the best available :( GeoffEDIT: Although I see why there is some confusion after looking at the readme file again...
Thanks, geoff

Annoyingly, the installer does not have a GUI to allow you to choose which components you do or do not with to installGeoff
Geoff: oddly enough the Zinertek Weather UNINSTALLER gives you the ability to uninstall certain modules. So, install it all, and then uninstall the stuff you don't want. And, IMHO, you don't want the clouds. I have found that the overcast layer is pathetic with Zinertek clouds.James

Geoff: oddly enough the Zinertek Weather UNINSTALLER gives you the ability to uninstall certain modules. So, install it all, and then uninstall the stuff you don't want. And, IMHO, you don't want the clouds. I have found that the overcast layer is pathetic with Zinertek clouds.James
Thanks for the tip. As for the clouds, I didn't even look at them - just overwrote them with REX2004 :( Geoff

That's the problem I have with Zinertek products. No install options. No backup of your original textures in some products. I bought Ultimate Airport Environment. Had to hunt for and download the uninstaller. Re-install UAE. Then manually install the original textures over the UAE ones I didn't want. Apparently the FSX uninstaller for UAE gives you options but not the FS9 version. Why not put the options up front at the time of the install?