Sign in to follow this  
geoffco

Flight Planner Using CURRENT Data?

Hi,Since my FMS data is getting updated regularly from Navigraph, I have started to notice that routes that I get from IFR "real world" planning websites (for example I've been using vRoute) are now outdated and so cannot be properly used... all sorts of nasty errors popping up and waypoints that didn't exist!Please can somebody tell me the best flightplanning utility which will do all of the following:- Generate accurate IFR flightplans, following proper high altitude airways, using current (Navigraph) AIRAC data- Allow the plan to be printed as a datasheet for filling in during flight- Export the plan to FS9 format so I can use the internal ATC for IFR flights offline*- Software needs to be available (prepared to pay)... ie. not FS Navigator unless I can actually get it somewhere (legally)(* I have been looking at FS Commander but have not managed to understand whether it exports to FS9 format and if not, how does it send the route data to the inbuilt GPS so that you can use the default ATC?)Cheers,Geoff

Hi, Geoff!

not FS Navigator unless I can actually get it somewhere (legally )
I guess the way aorund (I hope it won't be received as any copyright violation) would be finding the FSNav installer anywhere in the web (since it is not offered for download anymore and was always offered free for the 30-time trial period) and then register. But that would make sense only if you had a legal registration before (I guess you might not).As for the others, there are two options I'd suggest:1. FSBuild (you can get AIRAC from their website: http://www.fsbuild.com/ ) - payware2. vroute ( http://www.vroute.net/ ) with thousands of verified ready flightplans (updatable data from Navigraph) - freeware / payware (two options). You can try the freeware version first. Very well worth the try if you ask me. I often use it myself.

Guest jasonT

Hi Geoff,I use FSCommander for FS9 and regularly update the AIRAC. The reason that you are getting errors is because the waypoints do get updated and some get deleted. Therefore, prior generated flights may have errors in them.FSC will allow you to generate accurate flightplans using updated data.FSC will permit printing of plans and has printable approach and departure charts and printable airport layout charts.Flightplans generated by FSC are usable in FS9 for offline use as long as you file them in the default flight folder (usually in My Documents). If you have payware like PMDG 747 there is a tick box to file the flight for that addon and will file it for use by that addon.The flightplan is not automatically updated in the flightsim, you need to select it as usual in the FS9 main screen. To get it into the FMC, you need to upload it using the type of FMC you have. For example, the PMDG 747 you need to type the flight name ie "IFR EGLL to KBOS" into the "route" section. As long as the flight is saved as a PMDG flight then it will accept it. Make sure you type the flightname accurately otherwise it will not find it! Other payware FMCs have the option to search the default flight folder and select the flight and import it. It just depends on the FMC you have.I heartily recommend FSC and never fly without it!

What aircraft(s) do you fly.I use FSBuild ... does fuel planning also.Did you use "get Vroute access" on Navigraph downloads?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

As for the others, there are two options I'd suggest:1. FSBuild (you can get AIRAC from their website: http://www.fsbuild.com/ ) - payware2. vroute ( http://www.vroute.net/ ) with thousands of verified ready flightplans (updatable data from Navigraph) - freeware / payware (two options). You can try the freeware version first. Very well worth the try if you ask me. I often use it myself.
Thanks. I have been using the vroute (free version) but yesterday had major problems using the LSZH-EFHK flightplan it produced - two waypoints that simply didn't exist in the FMS data (ALGOI and RANOK). Eventually got around it by using DCT to the waypoints that did exist but each time I found a missing one, the FMS crashed..!
FSC will allow you to generate accurate flightplans using updated data.FSC will permit printing of plans and has printable approach and departure charts and printable airport layout charts.Flightplans generated by FSC are usable in FS9 for offline use as long as you file them in the default flight folder (usually in My Documents). If you have payware like PMDG 747 there is a tick box to file the flight for that addon and will file it for use by that addon.
Thanks for the clarification about fs9 import. This will probably be my choice if I don't get the freeware vroute method working...
What aircraft(s) do you fly.Did you use "get Vroute access" on Navigraph downloads?
I use the Aerosoft BAe146 (Eurowings Pro Package) and the FMC in that is the dreamfleet 737 one.I do not understand what get Vroute access does? Is that an option working for the free version?..Cheers,Geoff

Geoff ,I do not use vRoute.Did you download the vRoute access code on the Navigraph download page.The zip file may tell you the meaning .. or others here who use it.My guess is .... you do need it.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Geoff ,I do not use vRoute.Did you download the vRoute access code on the Navigraph download page.The zip file may tell you the meaning .. or others here who use it.My guess is .... you do need it.
Your guess is correct :( I downloaded that code and now it looks like I will be able to use vroute to generate accurate flightplans which will match my current FMS data. Thanks,Geoff