Sign in to follow this  
bball617

PMDG 737 paint kit question

I'm having a little problem creating my own paints for the PMDG 737. For some reason I can't get the belly texture and the fuselage texture to match up correctly. Ive checked numerous times that the the color I'm painting with for both textures is the same. It seems that the way the 2 textures react to lighting is different causing the different shades of color between the fuselage texture and belly texture.Here's a pic of what I'm talking abouthttp://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/bba...0/bellyshot.jpgIf you look above the main gear and below the red line on the belly you can tell the color difference between the 2 textures.I'm using PS CS4 to paint and dxtbmp to convert the bmp. ThanksJohn Ludke

Hi John, The belly color can sometimes be a touch and go process for me to on some paints. I don't have the 737, but sometimes when creating lighter colored 747 liveries can have a tough time getting them perfect on the first couple tries.Sometimes there are layers on the belly section that don't exist on the sides that can darken or lighten one more than the other. Looking at one of the 737 kits (800NG), I can see it has a shadow layer that you may want to play with a bit. Perhaps lower it's opacity a hair. Other times you may need to paint the edges a lighter shade of the belly color since it is matching up to other textures with masks or even different Alpha channels (Belly alpha may be lighter than the fuse), or you may want to paint the belly with a little gradient.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier