Sign in to follow this  
Peter Clemenko

Company creates sarcasm punctuation mark

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2010/01/12/Com...78/?usesarctagsApparently, a company has decided to start selling a program which allows for you to place a punctuation mark for sarcasm. All I have to say is: this won't come in handy at all, I won't even bother looking in to it. /sarcasmSeriously though, this may come in handy for certain forum debates where it may boil down to sarcasm.I will say this though, 1.99 for a punctuation mark is ridiculous. I think I'm more likely to wait for it to become standard issue.

Innovative ( Not ) , <-this is the freeware version :(
:D I was thinking about that, but then I realized that there is a need for an actual punctuation mark myself (something just about everyone in my generation has thought of I guess we should be called "Generation Y Not?").Ah well, I personally use /s or /sarcasm myself.

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but since (AFAIK) all characters displayed are obtained from the fonts that're installed/registered on the user's computer, how are they ever going to see the 'SarcMark'? :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but since (AFAIK) all characters displayed are obtained from the fonts that're installed/registered on the user's computer, how are they ever going to see the 'SarcMark'? :(
That's actually a very good point... Sounds to me like there is something not making sense here...

As long as we all don't start speaking 1337 speak constantly, I'm cool with whatever method is agreed upon for sarcasm.
I must be old.Not having any clue what "1337 speak" is, I turned to my friend Google.There I found a 8-digit replacement for the letter M.......isn't it easier to type M than //\\//\\?..I don't get it.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I must be old.Not having any clue what "1337 speak" is, I turned to my friend Google.There I found a 8-digit replacement for the letter M.......isn't it easier to type M than //\\//\\?..I don't get it.regards,Joe
People do it because they think it makes them look cool, when really it got worn out a long time ago. It's especially common when playing Counterstrike and games like that. (That's not the reason I don't play counterstrike anymore however, it has more to do with shooting someone in the face doesn't kill them with one hit, hence why I normally play ArmA 2 usually with the ACE 2 mod when I want to play an FPS)

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2010/01/12/Com...78/?usesarctagsApparently, a company has decided to start selling a program which allows for you to place a punctuation mark for sarcasm. All I have to say is: this won't come in handy at all, I won't even bother looking in to it. /sarcasmSeriously though, this may come in handy for certain forum debates where it may boil down to sarcasm.I will say this though, 1.99 for a punctuation mark is ridiculous. I think I'm more likely to wait for it to become standard issue.
I have had a horrible and depressing feeling lately that something really meaningful was missing from my forum experience. Now I know what it is and I don't think I will be able post comments in any form, because not having this new 'emotion' is just to debilitating!I feel that if one is being sarcastic and the recipient(s) don't get the message, then the sender is being to subtle (yes, sometimes that is part of the fun of sarcasm) or a language barrier exists. In which case I don't think a visual aide would help. However................, one could have no end of fun using it for no apparent reason, with people scratching their heads and trying to find sarcasm where there was none. :( Best Regards,Mel

Mel, that's just twisted and evil! I like it!!! :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest jshyluk

I've driven behind Mel's car. He's the super genius who hooked up his brake lights to his accelerator pedal. Jeff ShylukI Am Never SarcasticAVSIM

Hey!...Just what I always wanted! :(