Sign in to follow this  
Guest gingerharry

I have searched for this but no one else seems to have this issue

Guest gingerharry

I cannot get RC to respond to any key presses. Load up RC select FP etc, then load up FSX, and click Start RC this then minimises, so I start my flight. I get the aircraft loading up as usual, and now have the RC window showing with 2 options Clearance and Weather, when pressing either 1 or 2 nothing happens, so I searched around, and thought maybe making it so I had to press ctrl and the relevant number, but this hasn't resolved my problem.I really like the idea of this program and hope to be able to use it in my flight simming, but I am unable to get it to do anything except I can get the weather if I manually tune COM1 to the ATIS freq but the keys assigned to the radio requests don't do anything.Please helpThanks

I cannot get RC to respond to any key presses. Load up RC select FP etc, then load up FSX, and click Start RC this then minimises, so I start my flight. I get the aircraft loading up as usual, and now have the RC window showing with 2 options Clearance and Weather, when pressing either 1 or 2 nothing happens, so I searched around, and thought maybe making it so I had to press ctrl and the relevant number, but this hasn't resolved my problem.I really like the idea of this program and hope to be able to use it in my flight simming, but I am unable to get it to do anything except I can get the weather if I manually tune COM1 to the ATIS freq but the keys assigned to the radio requests don't do anything.Please helpThanks
is fsx started, running, at the gate, with the clock running when you click "start rc"? you can't be on the fly now screen, or any fsx menu. if fsx isn't running, and ready to accept fsuipc commands, the rc keys are not registered correctly, and nothing worksif that's not it, make a log, instructions pinned to the top of the forum. get everything loaded and running, press a couple of keys and then quit rc. then send me the .log. i'll tell you why nothing is workingmake sure you click debug BEFORE loading the .plnjd

You might have a keyboard conflict with another add-on.If you have an aircraft with an FMC that allows you to capture keystrokes (from your keyboard) as do PMDG products that is a definite conflict. On PMDG FMCs if you click on the area to the lower right of the keypad (it is a rectangle with a "bar" on it) that toggles the keyboard capture on and off with the Boeings.Some of the "crew" type add-ons may use these keystrokes as well for hot keys.You can also verify or modify the keystrokes used for RC by clicking the keyboard tab in the main page changing them to a non-conflicting assignment such as a key combination.