Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

Go Get Your Copy of FS2004!!!!!!!!

Just went to a couple of local places...Babbages, won't sell till Tuesday as that is the (their?) release date, even if they got it in today...Best Buy still saying Tues, tho a truck comes in tonight...I'll bet the'll sit on them till the 29th...humbug.I tried to explain to folks that the "early bird catches the worm" but no dice...I just wish MS would email folks and let them get on with boosting the economy... No sightings in So Colorado....anything up Denver way?Dave

I got mine at 9:30am CST via FEDEX also from Provantage. Already installed and flown around a bit.You'll have to run your sliders down a bit though according to your system those 3d clouds will eat your framerates somewhat. Right now I've got mine set and am getting a consistent 20fps.But I must say it is absolutely stunning scenery and weather.Well must go to work.Sean

Microsoft's FS2004 is very popular indeed. But MS needs to change their way of thinking. It is ludicrous to put a gag order on retailers telling them that they can't release until 29 July or else pay a penalty. MS should announce a general release date (meaning that you might get it a little earlier or later), ship the product to the retailers at the same time, and let the retailers (not MS) decide when they will put the product on the shelves.The whole idea of holding the product until a certain date doesn't help the retailers and, IMHO, doesn't sell more of MS's product.I just called EB games in Raleigh NC; they are now saying that they can't release it until 29 July, or else they pay MS a fine. Best Buy has no ETA of the product, though I have heard 7 Aug (!)It's only a game, but I wonder who is really playing the business game?My $0.02Cloud9

Guest AJ

Did those who have received it from Provantage receive the metal box or the DVD box? Just wondering. Still waiting for mine. Due in from Provantage by 15:00 EST. Andrew

Guest aeroworx

Hi Andrew,I also ordered from Provantage. Their service is really top notch. I only placed my order at 18:00 yesterday, and at 11:30 this morning FedEx delivered!I got the metal box. I have installed and I'm busy checking out all the new stuff. What is really interesting, is that I am getting better overall performance in FS2004 compared to FS2002, even with all sliders maxed and 3D cloud percentage at 50 and Cloud coverage density at max.CheersHenningSystem: P4 2 Gig, Epox 4G4A Motherboard, 1 Gig Ram, Geforce 4 MX440 64Meg Video Card, Sound Blaster Live!, 80 Gig IBM Deskstar HDD

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

I should have remembered that with Provantage they DO SHIP right away but the tracking number doesn't show up for a while. My tracking number showed up this morning and it left when they said yesterday on the 23rd since I placed the order the night before on the 22nd past 3PM EST. I guess I made a mistake and ordered 2nd Day PM instead of overnight which I THOUGHT I did. But anyways it will be here tomorrow!! Confirmed tracking with FEDEX and glad to hear the tin box is coming since I was one of the first who ordered for $47.47. When that original stock dropped and they restocked that I am guessing is now the BOXED version for 46.06 now.Andrew, your tracking number should have shown up and you should have AT LEAST done 2nd DAY!! The weekend will be torture for you man!! :-(

Guest AJ

Just received my copy form Provantage. Metal box confirmed. I'm now off to install and try out.Andrew

Ok I just got to anxious. I canceled my order to the Avsim Store for it and bought it from Provantage. Just five minutes later I received this! Invoice #******* was created on Thursday, July 24, 2003 Customer: ERIK HAALAND *********** ************** Shipping via FedX Next Day PM Quantity 1 - (MSXG02J) Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight Win32 RETAIL-BOXED CD @ $46.06 each. Subtotal: $46.06 Shipping: $19.60 ------------------------------ Total: $65.66 (US dollars)

I hope you guys that got FS2004 already are enjoying the game :-) As for me I have to wait until Babbages or Electronics Boutique start to sell the game, I have a $50 gift certificate for either one of those stores. If I didn't have the gift certificate I definatly would of ordered online.

Guest edrutl

The Fed Ex guy just dropped my copy from Provantage here in Dallas. (He almost got a tip!) I'm installing and completing the rebate form right now!Metal case is cool. The quick start guide is very nice. Can't wait to check it out!edKDFW

Yep -Just got mine too. Overnight shipping costs a bit more.Some asked if it's the FS2004 COF metal tin shipping container.IT IS!JerryG

Wow, That link worked great. I got my invoice number and order number right away. Thanks for the link.

Guest flightjunkie

Mine just arrived at my door! Woohoo! I am installing as we speak.Can't wait to get it running. PROVANTAGE ROCKS!

Guest B52Drivr

Well,I got a news flash for you, I have called the EB store in Meridian Mississippi 4 times and gotten the same answer every time. They didn't even show FS2004 or Century of Flight on a release date, or know anything about it . . . NOTHING. I just ordered mine from ProVantage and it will be here tomorrow . . .and I would have waited till the 29th for the local copy had the Meridian group even 'known' about it.Seems for being the largest in the business, someone has dropped the ball somewhere.Clayton T.DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest otter55

fedex just dropped off my copy of fs2004. tin can edition no less. bought from provantage also.installing now,don