Sign in to follow this  

Help!

Guest sfgiants13

I've been having trouble with microphones for a week. It's not the mic, it's me, as I've tried 3 different mics. I know a lot of you use microphones, so could one of you tell me the proper configuration settings as far as the volume controls go? I have everything hooked up right, but the settings aren't right.

It would help if you were more specific about the problem and what program you are using the mike for.If you are using it for Roger Wilco then just go through the setup procedure, that should get your volume levels correct and then open the main volume control panel (Start->Programs->Accessories->Entertainment->Volume Control) and tick the 'Mute' box under the microphone control. This stops you hearing yourselef when you transmit.

Guest sfgiants13

I want to use my mic for Roger Wilco, but my mic won't produce any sound, it doesn't even pick up my voice in Windows Sound Recorder. Could you tell me the settings for the playback and volume controls you have so I can apply those to mine? And when you say tick the mute, do you mean have it checked or unchecked?

no solution here but thought i'd let you know that I am having problems getting my new(logitch premium stereo headphones)to work. Seems OK on my win98 system but nogo with my(newly installed sp1)XP system. soundcard is SBLive with latest drivers and yes I did turn on mic in properties and tryed all settings in mixer, etc. funny thing is the mic in the soundcard works great with a regular headphone from a walkman....must be a dynamic mic vs. (the other kind???)problem.