Sign in to follow this  
Guest frankcubillos

fs2004 and projectai

Guest dredre20171

i saw in the screenshots that ultimate traffic works with fs2k4. I saw lots of planes there parked, landing and taking off. I knw fs2k4 doesn't come with a lot of gaes at the airports so I would like 2 know how did they achieve this wen afcad files don't work with fs2k4?

Guest Joshieca

Tom and Frank got on their magic horses and flew off into the wilderness towing all of those airplanes behind them.

Guest CargoMun

Well since Traffic Tools doesnt work in ACOF and still it was possible to just move the traffic.bgl into fs2004 and have same AI as in 2002 maybe it was possible to do the same with the bgl's for the airports?I have no clue I just remember beta testers saying thats how to get around compiling and decompiling for fs2004. Doing it in 2002 and then exporting the bgl file, correct me if im wrong :)

Guest Joshieca

Ok time for a more serious answer...in short from what I hear over at PAI, that their aircraft will work. That means all of those "high" quality aircraft in UT will work.Now....AFCAD no longer works with FS2004. This means that any airports, any scenery packs, and addon's, which have had changes made to the airports for use in the simulator which require AFCAD for placement of parking, gates, taxiways, etc., will no longer will work properly. There is no way currently to copy over files to make the airport's expand their gates/parking capabilities in FS2004. Users will most likely have to wait until the software development kits come out in the next several months to see what happens and if a new AFCAD is developed. The main reason, in short, is that in FS2004 the airports, taxiways, gates, runways, etc. are now tied into the scenery. Which means if you were to move a taxiway like you could with AFCAD and FS2002, you would also move the actual visible scenery for that taxiway too. Sort of cool, but it will require a completely new AFCAD, built from the ground up, to accommodate these changes. This wont happen until the SDK comes out, which maybe a few months down the road.Your traffic.bgl....you can copy over and rename your traffic.bgl file. This file contains all of your flight plans for FS2002. BUT if you do this you will lose all of the newly added flights to and from non-towered airports, which are now default in FS2004. Traffic Tools for FS2004 is on the way, and we should have it soon, like in one to two weeks (from todays date)....we hope.I hope that helps to clear up things....the best thing for those users who are concerned about their UT purchase is to contact the company where you bought it from....on their website.[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/STO/]Visit The Bookstore & Gift Shoppe][/b