Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Lago Airfile Pro W/ Small Aircraft?

Guest product

Hello,I've been reading about Lago's Airfile Pro, as I'm interested in creating a more realistic fluidity to the air around FS planes. Seems like this is one aspect of the program, the other being more severe weather effects which I'm not interested in. I have a few questions for anyone who has the program, would appreciate input on:1. Has Lago tweaked the program to work well with GA planes? I heard that at first it was only for the heavy metal.2. Can you just utilize the realistic air modeling aspect of the program without the severe effects? I'd love to get away from the "riding on rails" feel of FS but never fly my Archer into thunderstorms:-).3. If so, does it improve the "feel" of flying, reducing stability appropriately and such? Is the turbulence effect on GA more realistic than the silly bumps standard in FS that don't really put you off course?4. Any negative effect on framerates/ smoothness?Thanks, any info appreciated.Best,Joel

Joel,I think lago has done a pretty good job with this program. It may not be yet perfect, but I don't fly without it anymore.Here's something that will hopefully help answer your concerns:1) yes, lago did make some changes (check for the updates) that you can adjust for flying either a 172 or a 737, the effect/strength the effect has is different for those different sized planes.2)I don't think lago can "get rid" of what is hard coded in the sim, the overall severity can be adjusted in lago's AFP.3)Well, that's a tough one. Let me put it like this, I once encountered a wake on final in my little 172 and the wake was either from a DC9 or 737 (don't remember anymore) here in Sanford, FL and we barely made it. We were at around 900 AGL, after the encounter (and I still believe we also did some type of barrel roll ;-) ) we found ourselves at around 500 feet. That sort of stuff happens with AFP as well.4)Nope, negative, nada. I don't see any performance decrease whatsoever. The resources needed to run this program are minimal, shouldn't be a problem with any kind of system.Hope this helps, I really like AFP and don't fly without it.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

As the rest has been handled so well by one of our customers, I'm only adding something to this>2. Can you just utilize the realistic air modeling aspect of>the program without the severe effects? Yes, I believe so. Using AFP you will still be able to trim the aircraft to fly stable, but what ever you do, it will never be completely stable, it will always leave the course and altitude because of the slight unstabilities in the air. We do that by secretly moving the CoG around a bit. As if you would lean forwards and sideways a bit...Mathijs KokLAGO

Hi Mathijs,Does this program work within FS2004?Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor