Sign in to follow this  

Thanks to all who recommended the DF Archer!!

I took the plunge and got it. What a great aircraft!!!!I'm having a blast flying it around the countryside and just shooting touch and go's. I think I am done with Airliners for a while....it just can't beat GA!!!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest jason2112

Why would anybody fly a big, sluggish brick full of complicated electronics when they could be having pure fun in a sweet Piper or Cessna? I never understood this ... ;->>>Glad you like it. Like anybody agreed before, you can never go wrong with Dreamfleet.VOlker :]

Yeah, I was flying my new Archer around last night and started thinking about how boring flying Airliners was getting.IMO, flying at FL370 with AP on isn't really flying :)Not to mention when you are down low and slow you can actually see some of the scenery! :-lol

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I totally agree guys!!!! I can fly the big iron, I took the new Meljet up the other day, but after 2 hours it was time to get back to "flying", loaded up the Super Otter and went cruisin around the bays and coves of Hawaii and landed near the beach and beached it, fun!For me is it more "realistic" seeing as I have a better chance of flying a GA twin as opposed to a triple 7 for Delta in the real world, but I guess that is the allure of the heavys for others.I can understand the challenge of flying an Airbus by the numbers, that is a technical simulator in itself.You want a challenge, helicopters at full realism, that is fun!!Plus flying into a small GA airport is a whole lot easier on the frames than Simflyers!! LOL Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Jeff S KDTW

As I've said for years, GA All The Way!! ;-)_____________________________Jeff S. KDTWPilot - Instrument Rated

I have stated repeatedly that I am a GA "freak". In fact a one-engine GA freak. As they say about two-engine planes...if one engine fails the other will take you to the scene of the accident.

>Two engines just doubles your chance of an engine failure.:-lol

Ark

Guest DreamFleet

Hi Shane,Thanks for buying the Archer, and happy to hear you like it. Much appreciated. I fly one in real life, and it is a most enjoyable plane to fly. :-)Thanks also to those who put in a good word about her.We'll have a FREE little update coming for it in FS2004. The Archer will be getting a new GPS. However, we'll leave a second engine just for our Cessna 310. ;-)Happy flying!Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...RUM_LOUF_A2.jpg

Guest RobA

Lou, Just have to comment that the DF Archer is also my favorite GA plane along with the DF Cessna 172. Hard to beat it for that real feeling of flight. Unfortunalely, my system is getting a little long in the tooth for some of the newest releases but I'll be knocking on your door when I upgrade. :-)Best regards,Rob

Guest Marvel

The DF Archer is one of my favorite virtual GA aircraft too. I just love it's simplicity and also the digital readout DF made (very useful for checking fuel). It's very good for that moment when you just want to "getup and fly". When you don't have time for a complicated preflight and program FMC.

Guest DreamFleet

Thanks again, guys. :-)I do believe we have the free FS2004 Archer update complete as of today. We'll try to get it out to you as soon as possible.There was not too much to do.We just had to add the the full row of switches (master/alt, fuel pump, landing light, pitot heat, etc. to the VC (yes, some of those were dummies in FS2002, but you could not click on them to tell!), then we put in the new FS2004 GPS 500 in place of the old default GPS from FS2002 (that took me all of 15 seconds), and then we updated the gauge sounds (switch clicks, etc.) to be compatible with DirectX 9, which gets installed with FS2004. Believe it or not, this last item was the biggest issue. DX9 did throw us a surprise "curved ball" over DX8. This took a bit more than 15 seconds, more like many hours.I'd click on a switch in FS2004, and it would "click", and that was the first and last gauge sound I would hear! Okay, time to pull out the DirectX 9 SDK! :-eekThankfully, we caught this in time for the release of the 310 and 152, but the Cardinal also needed this upgrade change for DirectX, as it was released well before DX9 came out, just like the Archer.Many thanks to our Elmar Calbo, who programmed the gauges for the Archer, for putting in the hours necessary to upgrade this part of the 181, and also for his work on the 177, which he also programmed the gauges on.The real owner of the Archer, Nels Anderson, has been flying our virtual version around the FS2004 beta and gold copies without any other issues, even without these mods, from the start of testing, so, she'll certainly be ready to go with the mods we have made.All of your kind remarks about the Archer are much appreciated, and we're most happy to be able to continue with her into FS2004.Thats reminds be, I've been so bloody busy working on other FS stuff, that I have not gotten up in the real thing for quite a while. Time to correct that! ;-)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...RUM_LOUF_A2.jpg

Guest Twister

Hi Lou,The Archer and the C177 are without hesitation the best aicraft I've ever installed in FS2002.I'm happy to hear that Dreamfleet has already worked out a patch for FS2004 !I hope that you will consider the creation of a Cessna 172 for FS2004 (hopefully one that can spin and slip...)- after all, it is the most popular GA aircraft in the world !Dreamfleet's 172 was a huge success in FS2000 - I'm certain it would be in FS2004 as well.Thanks again for an excellent work !Take careTwister

Excellent news Lou. Now I can get 2004 as soon as Lago gets their Georender series updated so I have something to fly my Archer (and Cardinal) out of :-jumpyGuess I'll keep 2002 around for the airliners for the time being, the 734 (and PSS744) is just too good to retire.