Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

FPS issue

hi therei upgraded my system recently and since then my fps in FS2002 dropped semetimes lower than beforemy old system specsCeleron 1400 Mhz512 MB SDRAMGeForce2 Tivx 64Mb DDRwinxp sp1directx 8.1det 43.51my new systemCeleron 2200 Mhz512 MB DDR (2cl + cooling system)GeForce4 MX-440 64 MB DDRwinxp sp1directx 9det 43.51at Mice Zurich 2003 with the old specs and the same traffic and FS2002 settings i got around 10 - 15 fpsnow, with the new specs i hardly get to 10 fps. most of the time it remains at 7 -8 fpswhat is wrong? do i need to exchange my grafics card? is the GF4MX bader than de GF2Ti?any help is welcome cheers

Guest A321

I Dont know for sure here, But i think the MX range of cards are no where near as good as the TI range. I could be wrong, but Try putting your TI back in and then see.Jason

Guest CargoMun

The MX cards also I think have a problem with reflections as well in FS. I am sure the culprit in the FPS loss is the graphics card, its not that much better or faster then GF2 inspite of the name. You should give one of the cheaper ATI cards a look over maybe the 9500/9600 pro's maybe.

i could afford the following cards, if i would need to change- GF3 Ti 200 64 DDR- GF FX 5200 128DDR- RADEON 9200 128 DDR- GF4 Ti 4200 128 DDRwhich one would then be the choice for better performance than my GF4 MX440?

Guest GabrielR

I think is the MX card, I have right now something that looks like your old system and I never could get more than 12-15 FPS, after I changed the MX card, I won like 5 fps in the same situation, but better than just the plain FPS meassure, the sim is more fluid and the graphics are crisper.

Guest CargoMun

Well I would probably put my money on either the Radeon 9200 or the GF4 ti 4200. Im not totally sure what the Radeon would measure up to in terms of the GF series (definately better then GF3) but maybe somebody else here can share some light :)

I had a similar problem, when upgrading from PIII 800 to P4 2400.Most of the time the fps in the new sys was much better, but at some detailed airports it was awful worse (sometimes down to 3 - 4 fps!!)Till I found out that I had changed the anisortropic filtering setting of my GF3Ti200 (via Riva Tuner). I tweaked around a bit and voila fps are now where they should be.So check the settings of your new vid card. i guess they are different to the old ones.Ah yes, not to foget: Transform & Lighting has to be enabled with my new sys (strange - the old one run much better with T&L disabled). I recommend first checking just transform & lighting in the options/settings/display menue. Its repoerted that this alone gives an enormous performance boost on some systems.Hope this helpsWolfgang