Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Glideslope within ILS

Hi there,I just got FS2002 because of system requiremnets I didnt have up until now, it feels great having a computer that can run pretty much any game. However, when Im flying an ILS approach in any plane into any airport the glideslope is not activated. The autopilot does activate the approach course into the runway, but not the glideslope. I was wondering if anyone would know how to cure this problem. Thanks guys.Blake

The next version of Microsoft Flight Simulator comes out in less than a week. FS2004 comes out in less than a week.I suggest you return FS2002, and Good Luck. I am not trying to be mean, I hope you get your money back, and get FS2004, which is said to be able to run on the same specs as FS2002 only smoother. I don't know how correct I am on that, others can tell you.And by the way, we all had trouble with the glideslope and ILS in the begining use of FS2002.Paul Meyer - Morris, C09status.php?id=810173&indicator=OD1&a=a.jhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...7b45404593a.jpg

Welcome Blake...If for some reason you choose to stick with FS2002, you have to intercept the G/S from underneath, and use your thrust setting to keep the aircraft from falling behind or ahead the power curve needed to maintain the G/S given your gear, weight & flaps setting. I come into the G/S from about 10-12 miles out, usually in a slight 1-2 deg descent so the transition to the steeper final app. descent doesn't throw things off too much... With FS2002, you have to learn what works best for each aircraft. Some come into the G/S with full flaps and gear down and locked, but I've found as long as I stick to a speed that's reasonable given my aircraft config, and don't go to full flaps too quickly, I can hold the G/S in APR mode very well.FS2004 restores what I call the "death grip" tracking of the G/S that FS2000 was noted for, and it is more forgiving given the wide range of aircraft used with the sim. FS2002 requires a bit more finesse, but I've gotten so accomplished, with most aircraft I just set APR hold, and answer emails, phone calls, walk the dog, etc until it's time to land :)Most of the pilots with a lot of commercial stick time have said FS2002's handling of the G/S is more realistic. But I think a large portion of simmers expected what they were used to in FS2000, hence the changes in FS2004...Regards,John