Sign in to follow this  

Good Freeware Cessna 152 for FS2k2?

Guest Max Cowgill

Howdy all!I'm about to start my flight training and the school I'm attending primarily uses Cessna 152's for the Private Pilot portion of the flight program. I thought it would be a good idea if I got used to the good old 152 in MSFS before I actually take one up in the air again. What are some of the best freeware models you folks have run across?Also, I've been looking for a good freeware 737 panel as well as a 777 panel for some of my VA flights. I've got my 757/767 and 747 flights covered by none other than 767 PIC and Ready for Pushback but I still need something other than the generic panels supplied by MS for the 737 and 777. I don't need visual or flight models, just panels (the more instruments simulated and the more accurately the better!).thanks in advance,Max Cowgill

Guest Max Cowgill

Thank you JP, I'll give her a shot.

It's not freeware ($17.95), and you might already be aware of it..........But the newly released Flight1 152 is very well done. Flies great with a patch that came out last evening, and has a super looking virtual cockpit.Just in case you don't find something else that works well.L.Adamson

Guest pez_man

Hi!Search for Gforce and cessna here in the library, they've made a nice rendition of a cessna 150H for fs2002, and I believe that one's quite similar to the 152. And there's an update to the flight dynamics available in misc. that makes it a really nice flyer!/fredrik

Guest Max Cowgill

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Any thoughts on good 737 and 777 panels?

Carenado has a free C-152 which is quite nice.. have a look at www.carenado.com and look under free downloads rgds/ Dick

Guest emergency_pants

Yeah.. the Carenado one is V good.

A couple of notes on the freeware C-105/152s out there...First, if you have a CH Yoke or some other airliner type yoke, when you get into the 152, you'll be startled at the size of the yoke. I's quite small!There are freeware panels that fix the airspeed indicator provided on most. Most of the panels use the 180 indicator, which has the wrong white/green/yellow/red airspeed markings for the 152.You may find the models slightly overpowered, tho the 152 near gross at sea level still climbs fine (compared to here at 6800MSL, anything does fine at SL!!!)Have a great time flying, sure wish I still was...Dave