Sign in to follow this  
yellow5

VENTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest crashing_pilot

rant mode on:i'm getting sick and tired of my own computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!yes,you all understood this correctly:MY OWN COMPUTER!this means i'm not getting sick and tired of:A:freeware designersB:PAYWARE DESIGNERSC:AVSIMD:FLIGHTSIM.COMhowever,i'm still disgusted by fish that has been 4 weeks past max consumption date.i've now tried seven (yes:S E V E N) times to download ffx/sga's base package for the dc10-10,and i've tried eleven (yes:E L E V E N) times to download the ffx/sga ge soundset....they ALWAYS get canceled at 94%,and the one time i managed to get the ge soundset downloaded,i was told by WINZIP the file was corrupt(yes:C O R R U P T)...i'm pretty much considering throwing A:my computer out of the window or B:throwing myself of a 50 story building(recomandations will be thought over ;-) )and you thought you had it bad eh?rant mode off:there...i feel a lot better...off for the 8th an 12th try respectively :-lolwhat can i say...i just loooove the DC10...almost as much as the DC8,or DASH7...if anybody has got ANY idea as to how:A:you download the respective files intactB:you keep fish fresh for 4 weeksC:i can keep sane,those ideas will be gratefully accepted.regards...

Guest Ronson2k

Have you tried a download accelerator. DAP makes a freeware version. This not only allows you to increase your D/L speed by openning several ports but it also has a resume D/L built in. If you should get disconnected you can resume your D/L were you left off. This could eliminate your problem. I'll fetch the link for you just a sec..http://www.speedbit.com/DAPDL.asp?Give it a try it works great for me.No doubt about it...Ronson2k

Guest crashing_pilot

well well...i'm impressed...are we dutch really that stupid...or insane?i've tried using a download accelerator,BUT:A:gozilla crashed(trashed) my systemB:DAP did not even start C:Freshdownloa...i'm not even discussing that one here..D:Getright:see Gozilla.so,as to clarify everything:my computer just is not what it should be.and thus i feel it is my duty to buy a colt and release it from its (obvious) mysery.however,i am very grateful for your suggestions,THANKS!i'll keep a close eye on this thread,to see if the winning combination might come up.cheers guys

Hi,>> i've tried using a download accelerator,BUT:A:gozilla crashed(trashed) my systemB:DAP did not even start C:Freshdownloa...i'm not even discussing that one here..D:Getright:see Gozilla. <

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest Captain Barfbag

Go to the home of a friend with a reasonably new computer. Bring a blank CD and some beer. Download the files there, copy them to the blank CD, and share the beer. That should take care of the download and sanity problems.And you can keep fish from smelling by cutting off their noses...

Guest freequest

Well i had to change this seeing i didnt bother to read the whole thread... have you checked your system for spyware that can sometimes screw up your downloading get a hold of spybot search and destroy v1.2...

When my computer gets all tangled up over time, I just burn it all down (not literally, put down the lighter and slooowly back away...) and reload everything fresh.Directories and registries get mangled and confused over time, everything gets messed up, defrags and scandisks don't work miracles.Or, of push comes to shove, get one of them sooper dooper cooling systems for it, and use it as a small fridge for the fish...Cheers, and godspeed,Dave

Guest crashing_pilot

well,to all who participated sofar:thank you very much.i'll be going over to a friend with dsl,but without beer,and take care of his problem(no beer) while he takes care of my problem(downloading ALL ffx/sga files,so i can happily fly a DC10 into the sunset).thanks for that tip,whoever you are ;-)nevertheless,i've done a virus check(norton antivirus blahblah is installed),i've done a complete reinstall(yes,i formatted my hdd,and reinstalled everything) but i'm still having bad luck:the 8th,9th,10th time went as published above,so i've killed my intel modem.i'll be using an external modem from saturday on,to see if that cures the problem.again,thanks for all your input,and if you are in Friesland,stop by for a beer and some delicious flightsim story's ;-)just give me a PM,and i'll buy the beer(i only drink HUGE quantities of BLACK coffee....:-hmmm...maybe that causes the frustrations :-hmmm )greetings from a still frustrated(how come the wife can download whilst i cannot?)Tom.:-hang :-hang

I use getright. Do a search for it on the web an use that. It is free. You can pay for a payware version, but it is better in my opinion to save your money and get the free version. You will get some pop up displays that say to support the creators and pay for it. But you can just close them and continue to use the program. This is the best way to get the downloads correct everytime. Are you on a 56k modem. That could be an issue. It is too slow and your computer gets bored waiting and decides," eh, this download isn't that important..." and stops downloading at 94%.

Hi,Tuesday I had the same problem as Tom. I tried Wednesday, and it worked all perfectly. I don't know which provider you have in The Netherlands, but there were some network problems here in Holland. All download programs work perfectly now.Regards,JeroenVelserbroekThe Netherlands

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands

Guest crashing_pilot

hi Jeroen,ik zit in Friesland,en dit gaat al 5 maanden zo...dus ik denk dat het niet aan mijn provider ligt.in ieder geval duik ik erin,bedankt voor de tip !!!goed weekend ;-)Tom.