Sign in to follow this  

Zapping unwanted ISPs

I hope this is the forum for this subject!!!!!!!!!!My problem is about getting rid of a Internet Service Provider settings from my PC. I have signed up with another ISP and thought I was doing the right thing by deleting the previous ISPs from the dial up network on the PC. How wrong can I get!! Every time I use my new ISP (which is now default) this other one tries to muscle in with e-mail etc. How can I be sure that all settings and mention of oldISP is deleted.Thanks in advance SID

If you are using Outlook Express, you need to open it, select tools, accounts, and edit your account addresses for mail, news, etc. If you have more than one identity, you will need to change them all to the new isp's address. Click on each account, select properties, and make the changes.You could also add new identities with the new information, then delete the old identities. If you do that you will have to import the address book to the new identity.

Thanks for your help. All is now OK and no more aggravation.Sid